• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KS47 done, now with range report.

Very, very nice. The only current Russian ammo I would buy is made by Barnaul. Much more consistent than Tula or Ulyanovsk ammo. Guys on Guns.ru like it. I'll post a pic of the headstamp and box, if I remember.

Yea, shoots great! Everyone who has shot it wants one. The only issue is using 30 round mags
. I've tried magpul, Polish, yugo but if there is any pressure on the mag it will cause feeding problems. Great off hand but from the bench I've been running 20 rounders which have been 100%.
It puts the rounds in one nice hole all day. Fun gun, highly suggest it!

I'd like to know more detail about the magazine feeding issue.

What part of the mag is moving when you put pressure on it? Front, rear. side to side wobble? Is the bolt over riding the rounds or is the bolt hitting the mag?

thanks

The bolt is riding the top of the mag. It causes it to fail to fully eject sometimes and other times the bullet to nose dive.
No problems with side to side wobble, they even lock up fine it's just the front of the mag has some play in it. From what I understand it's not a rare problem with it.
As stated off hand, no pressure or binding of the mag its 100%. That's why I'm sticking with the 20"s, they have zero issues. Do not use the mag as a monopod , if you go prone use a rest of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom