• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KSU Students for Concealed Carry Invites you to join us

dogesco

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
43   0
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we invite ya'll to come join us on December 2nd at 7:30 PM on campus (location to be determined) to hear Larry Pratt speak.

As some of you may know, Larry Pratt is the director of Gun Owners of America. He has volunteered his time to come speak at this event. We are really looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

We will keep this thread updated with more details as they become available, but for right now our goal is to get the date and time out there so those interested can mark it on their calendars. We will post the location of the event as soon as it becomes available.

Please post up or send me an IM if you plan on attending so we can gather a count of how many we expect to have present.

Thanks guys!

Well, how did go?

Sorry but a workday for me and attendance was impossible.

I really would hope to see the ignorance that surrounds the steadfast hold on so-called "gun free zones" is changed. It's a big challenge, it was the same tired argument utilized from about 14 states (when I began carrying) that allowed concealed carry to currently nearly all.

There are schools that honor concealed carry permits. I can strongly suspect crime did not increase, gun battles in the classroom did not occur and students blasting away at instructors who gave a failing grade did not occur. If they did the media would have made it a front page event. Use those examples, much in the same way that was used to restore rights taken, that allowed most states to reverse their position on citizen carry laws.

The worst public shooting in U.S. History was at Virginia Tech (a gun free zone). The state had a prior opportunity to possible prevent or potentially halt or lower the body count. But they decided to double down on failure and failed the bill (for perceived safety) that would have allowed legal concealed carry. No one mentions this as it does not serve their anti-gun agenda. If we allow it, it will repeat itself. But they want to "feel safer" so they will ignore the truth and fact of the issue.

Good luck but truth is on your side. The presentation will be important as well as an honest rebuttal to the expected misconceptions.

Back
Top Bottom