• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lack of Workers

As for the comments about govt handouts; have any of you checked the statistics of programs like WIC, SNAP, or SSI?

Welfare programs are commonly argued to support the lazy, but data does not show this to be true. Welfare programs predominantly help Americans that are gainfully employed and receive low wages. The U.S. Government Accountability Office discovered that the top employers of Americans enrolled in welfare programs were Walmart and McDonalds; companies who have historically paid their workers low wages.
Govt programs are TAXPAYER DOLLARS and we aren't getting that back any other way. So if you are entitled to benefits, go right ahead. Because if you don't, you can bet the govt is going to put that money elsewhere. Like their pocket. I'm going to get screwed by the govt regardless. Some people abuse the system, but most actually need the help. All these repetitive comments harping on govt programs are baseless.

There's plenty of resources to find FACTUAL information.

I’ve busted my hump the entire pandemic. I wish I would have found a legit hustle during that time. Mind comes up blank when it comes to what can you do?

I know many fast food places close early or don't open at all - due to lack of workers.

These places used to be full of high school and college students trying to make a buck for movies and gas. Today they don't seem to need or want to work. Not sure where we'll be in a few more years.

I’ve busted my hump the entire pandemic. I wish I would have found a legit hustle during that time. Mind comes up blank when it comes to what can you do?

It can be anything. Just think of something you're good at. Are you good with organization? Setup a commerce store on Amazon and sell common things that people buy. Cleaning products, bath supplies, pet supplies, etc.

Or specialize in things you know, like maybe you know a lot about knives or hunting gear. You can setup a store that sells those things. You don't have to worry about inventory or even shipping, Amazon handles that. There's plenty of other websites you can use if you don't like Amazon.

Maybe you like to cook. Setup a store that has cooking related items; pans, knives, shredders, blender, etc. A small markup in price puts money in your pocket. The more people shop your store, the more your items will be recommended. So it's important to have friends and family support you and buy something. That will drive more sales to other people.

Are you good with numbers? Maybe become freelance accountant or tutor. Whatever you are good at, somebody out there will pay for your expertise.

I know many fast food places close early or don't open at all - due to lack of workers.

These places used to be full of high school and college students trying to make a buck for movies and gas. Today they don't seem to need or want to work. Not sure where we'll be in a few more years.

A lot of govt place are backed up so work permits aren't getting approved fast. Also, companies have Covid rules in place limiting how many staff they can have on location at once.

Kids are smarter nowadays (somewhat). They recognize they can make money reselling products online or by monetizing social media videos. Last year, the top earner for social media was a 17 year old girl that made $17.2 million dollars for making funny faces in videos! I know a young lady that started customizing sneakers and finding rare ones. She routinely sells a few pair a week all over the world and makes over $3k a month, which she uses for college. I know a 12 yr old that taught himself coding and built an app. How many adults over 35 can do that?

The days of teenagers sweating their eyes out were over when 40+ year olds started working at places like McDonalds and Ruby Tuesdays, because their degree and 401k didn't pan out. There's no growth in those jobs and they haven't changed in decades. Older people take up management jobs and teens are stuck in dead-end jobs that are miserable. If these companies want to see employment rates up, they have to adapt and offer more.

Covid caused a lot of people to figure out other ways to make money. That is the very definition of "hustle". People figured out how to make ends meet when companies weren't paying them. For some, the pros outweigh the cons. Can't blame people for making changes that benefit them. After all, companies always look out for themselves. Now those same companies are upset because people were forced to look out for themselves.

Every company in America has/ had the opportunity for massive bailouts and many took it. So why is it an issue when regular people get a few pennies? The problem is not the people who take a $1300 check or get govt assistance, it's the trillions of dollars in taxes that these massive corporations pocket and the govt that wastes trillions on bs instead of putting it into the people who make this country run.
I make decent money for what I do, but when COVID hit I had to lean hard on my side hustle to make it. I have been delivering pizzas for 3 years now. When everything shut down, I was delivering 6 days a week and making about 120 cash per shift. I worked 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM everyday but Sunday. I only work 1 night a week now to extra spending cash, but I could work as much as I want. We can't keep good dependable drivers, and its stupid easy work. Only job Ive had that doesn't background check or drug screen. You do what you have to do to make your ends meet. I don't know if I'll ever drop it, one of the guys I work with has been doing it for 27 years to pay for his child support.

Never took a dime from unemployment. Been out of work for 6 months now. Went to indoctrination this am for a new job. Filled out ALL of the paper work, new employee stuff. Then she said that they where waiting on the fight between the Supreme Court and OSHA, on mandating the jab. I'm ok with that, figure I could get in a few paychecks before it all comes down. Then she said no firearms on the property. Yeah that ain't happenin'. I must confess that this job was with a company that is under government contract and governed by the ATF, NSA and FBI. :behindsofa:
Screenshot_20211225-155220_Firefox.jpg

Back
Top Bottom