• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lake Varner?

Love Varner. Have pulled out a lot of Crapie,Brim,Catfish there are a lot of nice bass if you like them. There are two guys that gide there for bass. My grand son and I are going next week and catch some brim to use as bait for jug fishing later in the month.

Went Saturday. Caught a few. What a beautiful lake! Really nice to have something that large without the noise and hectic nature of outboards running all over. It almost seemed weird. Came back and started searching real estate. It was a short search... :)
I've never been able to master deep water fishing. I'll definitely be back in the spring! :cool:

Used to live a couple miles down the road from there and fished it pretty much every weekend. Great spot IMO. 2001-2003 it was mighty quiet most of the time and that's just how I liked it.

I used to fish there quite often during the spring. We would go straight across from the ramp and under the bridge. All the way to the back of those creeks. Great bass fishing. In late March we would load up on slab crappie tossing jig heads with small plastic minnow bodies under and around the bridge. It's been to long since I've been there.

Great Bass fishing lake, several in there over 10lbs. The Black and Silver Rapala DT6 kills them during the spring. Fish spinners / swim baits over the channel that runs under the bridge straight across from the boat ramp

Back
Top Bottom