• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Landlord-Tenant

If 60 dollars is all he can pay than I seriously doubt he can afford an attorney to fight you. I kicked my own son out for the same thing. Don't feel too bad as there is a name for what you are doing or at least there used to be ..It's called TOUGH LOVE. Me giving my son the boot changed his whole life around. I always told both my son's life Is full of choices and some choices you make will cost you. Kick his ass out! You will be doing him a favor in the long run. If cleaning up his room is his biggest issue in life so he has a nice place to sleep and he can't agree to do that then he has issues to begin with. Let him sleep in his vehicle a few nights I bet you see a change in his attitude.

Go visit your kids and stay with them a week or two
before you take a vacation for a week or two

Before you leave have all of the utilities turned off with instructions not to reconnect until you return to the home.

92C67F74-6780-4CE5-97A1-2DD5A52E110B.jpeg

The law would deem this a "constructive eviction".
Done prior to obtaining a court order of dispossession,

it would be illegal and can bring civil liability with triple damages awarded to the tenant.

I have a code where I do not loan money. If you ask for $ 150 dollars I will give you $ 50 dollars and tell you it is a gift and I hope you can find someone else to help you with the rest. My daughter lives with us because of a medical condition she is trying to figure out and learn to live with. She will never be asked for rent money , utility money , or food money.

Based on my understanding of the posts by the "experts" along with the people with first hand " experience " in similar situations , I could demand my child leave my house and put her items on the curb with no legal recourse ? Because a landlord / tenant relationship was never established ? ( no requirement to pay rent )

I have a code where I do not loan money. If you ask for $ 150 dollars I will give you $ 50 dollars and tell you it is a gift and I hope you can find someone else to help you with the rest. My daughter lives with us because of a medical condition she is trying to figure out and learn to live with. She will never be asked for rent money , utility money , or food money.

Based on my understanding of the posts by the "experts" along with the people with first hand " experience " in similar situations , I could demand my child leave my house and put her items on the curb with no legal recourse ? Because a landlord / tenant relationship was never established ? ( no requirement to pay rent )
What I learned from 2 real world experiences is that once a person stays a certain number of days and nights in a row(dont remember the number),they have established residency and you cannot put them out on the street. They have to be legally evicted. Rent does not have to be paid and written or verbal agreement does not matter...if they stay in your house a certain number of days in a row they establish residency. At least according to City of Grantville PD and Coweta County Sheriffs office that is Ga law.

If she's an adult, then yes, I wouldn't think you have any legal obligation to provide for her. You could have her removed following whatever is the correct legal process for the situation, (in some circumstance she may have rights as a squatter). Morals are a different matter.

Correction:

GA Code § 44-7-7

Sixty days' notice from the landlord

or 30 days' notice from the tenant

is necessary to terminate a tenancy at will.

Damn, changed it before I could correct it. :pop2:

Document needs to terminate the tenancy, AND demand possession at the same time. Terminating the tenancy AND failing to demand possession is a fatal flaw in the process.

Back
Top Bottom