• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Largest oil find in U.S. Ever!

Obama had no problem with fracking the crap out of everything (those were red states anyway). He also didn't GAS about oil pipelines, except his buddy Warren Buffet was invested in oil rail cars.

Cheaper=dependence

Not really.

This is a shale formation, like in the Bakkans. The oil is spread out and requires expensive techniques like horizontal drilling and fracking to get out, not like the older concentrated deposits. While interesting, with where the price of oil is, its not going to have much short term effect. It doesn't give us any leverage against OPEC. We already have more oil than we can produce/use.

Looking like our dependency on the towelheads fer oil is shrinking a bit..... Gotta like that!

Unless youre some damned commie liberal, which i am sure a few will be along shortly.....

I thought those things on their heads were little sheets, shouldn't we call them sheet-heads instead of towelheads?

Obama had no problem with fracking the crap out of everything (those were red states anyway). He also didn't GAS about oil pipelines, except his buddy Warren Buffet was invested in oil rail cars.

Not really.

This is a shale formation, like in the Bakkans. The oil is spread out and requires expensive techniques like horizontal drilling and fracking to get out, not like the older concentrated deposits. While interesting, with where the price of oil is, its not going to have much short term effect. It doesn't give us any leverage against OPEC. We already have more oil than we can produce/use.

We need to build more refineries, there is no reason whatsoever that we shouldnt be using 100% domestic oil....IMO.

Of course, i am sure you will tell me I am wrong, some reason or another.

They aren't too worried. They can still produce cheaper than just about anyone else and they will always be able to sell to the Chinese.

We need to build more refineries, there is no reason whatsoever that we shouldnt be using 100% domestic oil....IMO.

Of course, i am sure you will tell me I am wrong, some reason or another.

No, we should. but we won't because.... economics!

Back
Top Bottom