• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LaRue Tactical Sale

Well everybody has an opinion, Ive seen their mounts not only leave marks but I have also seen them move on rifles under recoil. If they work for you keep using them. There are too many better options out there in my opinion.

I agree, if you start out too tight, I'm sure it will leave a mark. When I mounted mine and made sure it was solid, I took it off because I was afraid it would mark the rail but it was fine. What I like about these is that you can remove it and put it back and it stays near zero. I don't believe there are a lot of options out there that will do that.

I agree, if you start out too tight, I'm sure it will leave a mark. When I mounted mine and made sure it was solid, I took it off because I was afraid it would mark the rail but it was fine. What I like about these is that you can remove it and put it back and it stays near zero. I don't believe there are a lot of options out there that will do that.

Im the type of person that can care less about marking a rail really as long as it works. But I have seen Larue mounts litterally wear down a Pic slot from continuous movement on an AMU rifle at a match and cause a highly respected Rifle company to rebarrel a rifle 3 times thinking it was an issue with THEIR work until we finally saw it was the Larue mount that the individual used.

ZRODelta rings will for sure and they won't mark up your rail. Plus you can TORQUE them if you want. also any mount that you can actually torque will. American Defense will as well.

When you talk about return to zero are you talking about 1/4 or less at 25 yards or 1/4" at 100 yards. The later is my standard

When you talk about return to zero are you talking about 1/4 or less at 25 yards or 1/4" at 100 yards. The later is my standard

This is from Larue website- The locking LaRue Speed Levers provide outstanding return to zero; the optic can be removed, and replaced, without loss of zero. Guaranteed.
So they're not saying close to zero, but no loss at all. I myself haven't tested it.

Back
Top Bottom