• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LC9 problems

fferrer

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
21   0
Reaction score
I have been carrying the Ruger LC9 as my primary daily carry weapon. 90% of the time I use the DeSantis, Intruder holster and it works great. Latley I have noticed that I am getting rust spots on the slide in three locations, as well as on the mag release. Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone see this as a sign of concern? I am on the fence about sending it back to Ruger, and I make sure to keep the weapon, cleaned and well oiled. Any suggestions?

I would just call them. I use mine for edc in various holsters and have not seen any rust spots. I how ever did have the front sight come loose. I called them and they are sending a new 1 and a prepaid envelope to return the defect.

The other day I noticed my LCP had a couple of rust spots on the slide. I keep it cleaned and well oiled too, but all it took was for it get a little bit of sweat on it from being in a pocket holster... lesson learned, if you've been sweating, make sure you take the gun out of the holster and wipe it down when you're done carrying for the day.

Back
Top Bottom