lcp jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogparts

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the correct forum for this.

I have a Ruger LCP .380 that keeps jamming...at least every 3rd shot, sometimes every shot. It is not fully closing the breech on the new cartridge. I have tried 3 different brands of ammo...Remington, Monarch, and Hornady Zombie. All of them with the exact same results. It takes only a tap of the slide for it to seat the cartridge, but this could prove deadly in a defense situation. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have a fix for it, other than sending it back to Ruger?

Thanks.

Polish the feed ramp? Happens with the HP rounds often. A friend of mine polished his ramp <<<insert sarcastic comment of your choice>>> and all is well now..

Agreed. My wife has an LC9 we had problems with last year. Sent it to them and had it back working fine within 7-10 days.

Yep, Amazing customer service. Replaced an entire rifle a few weeks back and also replaced the slide on my wifes SR22.

I called Ruger a few weeks ago, and they said to try different ammo. Done. I have also used 2 different mags........same problem. I was hoping it might be something I could do that was simple, so that I didn't have to return it to the factory. Guess not. I'll call Ruger again, and get it returned so that they can fix it. Thanks

I called Ruger a few weeks ago, and they said to try different ammo. Done. I have also used 2 different mags........same problem. I was hoping it might be something I could do that was simple, so that I didn't have to return it to the factory. Guess not. I'll call Ruger again, and get it returned so that they can fix it. Thanks

DO you get the same problem with FMJ and HP, or is it specific to HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom