• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEARN WERE IT IS YOU STAY!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I seen it too. I believe this site is base out of the Capital of GEORGIA which is ATLANTA! I guess GEOGRAPHY is irrelevant nowadays.

I am heading down to Boston this summer. Can't wait!
Yeah maybe the owners of the site could give a class on geographical location...never mind nobody would attend...

From what I've seen about ads getting a bunch of responses, including multiple "I'll take it" replies, but then the item shows up in a new (relisted) ad a few days later...
... a bunch of ODT'ers jumped on what they saw as a deal WITHOUT EVEN BOTHERING to look up where the other party was from.
(Of course maybe they expect everybody to drive to meet them at the Waffle House right around the corner from their own houses, even sellers who live 200 miles away...)

Of course, part of the problem is that online maps suck.
If I click on a map that's supposed to show me where the seller is, I want to know the CITY, in relation to OTHER MAJOR CITIES AROUND HIM. I don't need a zoomed-in map that looks like it was based on a quadcopter drone hovering above his house, with the "map" showing his residential street and ten other streets all in his neighborhood. I want the BIG PICTURE view.
Preferably, a map of the entire state of GA with a few red dots for the major cities (Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Augusta) and a yellow or green dot for this seller's location.

From what I've seen about ads getting a bunch of responses, including multiple "I'll take it" replies, but then the item shows up in a new (relisted) ad a few days later...
... a bunch of ODT'ers jumped on what they saw as a deal WITHOUT EVEN BOTHERING to look up where the other party was from.
(Of course maybe they expect everybody to drive to meet them at the Waffle House right around the corner from their own houses, even sellers who live 200 miles away...)
Oh it’s gotten to the point ALOT OF CELLERS want you to drive the drive.. if it’s a GOOD DEAL I can see that but I ain’t seen a good deal worth the drive..most time you can get the item at the local pawn shop cheaper

People who program computerized maps and map apps are stupid.
When I want directions, I don't need or want the first six roads to be how to back out of my own driveway and get out of my subdivision. I don't need the app to tell me how to get on the interstate, using one full page of directions just to get my car on the highway heading out of town, towards my destination three counties away.

If you click on the map pictured, it will go to Google MAPS and then you can ZOOM out to see a better location.

Also, many members use the County or something stoopid.
And some members lie about where they stays too.. so they can lie about meeting halfway but really their not

Back
Top Bottom