Leather Holsters a Thing of the Past ?

I dunno... my first response would be " that fatso need to lose a lot of weight".... "0)

Also, I've never seen a leather holster with a cut in it like this one in the picture has. That's just asking for trouble, especially with one of those wonder trigger-safties like on a Glock (and I have four BTW.)
You do you, my man. He’s not the only person that’s happened to. Same thing I said in regards to the kydex trigger guard clips applies to all leather holsters. It’s harder to reholster, and reholstering my firearm after a self defense shooting is a pretty critical need for myself. Everyone’s needs and priorities are different so do what works for you!

And a reinforced leather holster is going to add more width on either side of the gun compared to kydex. Not knocking your choice, just explaining the thought processes. Keep rocking what ya like.
I have leather and kydex. I am not proselytizing one thing or another. There are advantages and disadvantages to either. If you’re going to compare a crap quality leather holster, compare it to a crap quality kydex holster.

You do you, my man. He’s not the only person that’s happened to. Same thing I said in regards to the kydex trigger guard clips applies to all leather holsters. It’s harder to reholster, and reholstering my firearm after a self defense shooting is a pretty critical need for myself. Everyone’s needs and priorities are different so do what works for you!
IMO, with THAT holster in the picture and the "fold" you say the leather guard has, that man had to be an IDIOT to keep using it with a gun that has a trigger "safety" thingy..... and I won't even get into the weight thing again and the mismatched choice/combination he made.

I have leather and kydex. I am not proselytizing one thing or another. There are advantages and disadvantages to either. If you’re going to compare a crap quality leather holster, compare it to a crap quality kydex holster.
Ok, sure. I’d take a $25 kydex special over a $25 leather special. It’s probably safer, even if the hardware on both breaks.

I’d also take a top quality $80 kydex holster over a top quality $210 slimline Reinforced leather holster. It’s probably more convenient, easier to conceal, easier to reholster, and a lot more affordable for the same or better results.

Is that better?

Ok, sure. I’d take a $25 kydex special over a $25 leather special. It’s probably safer, even if the hardware on both breaks.

I’d also take a top quality $80 kydex holster over a top quality $210 slimline Rosen leather holster. It’s probably more convenient, easier to conceal, easier to reholster, and a lot more affordable for the same or better results.

Is that better?
Just ordered another Milt Sparks SS2. If I like it better for the p365 than the kydex, I will switch to it. Otherwise, I will sell it for what I paid roughly. I’m glad we have good options.

A very worn in leather holster can fold in to the trigger guard when holstering/reholstering if you’re not careful. Even with kydex, you still have to worry about T-shirt’s or other clothing getting caught but it’s one less thing to worry about.

Kydex makes reholstering much easier and safe for that reason. Kydex is generally going to give you better or equal results with a slimmer profile.

Another benefit is kydex doesn’t retain moisture like a leather holster. I can leave my carry gun in the holster 24/7 without worrying about rust if I’d like to.

I miss the excitement of breaking in a new handmade fancy leather Rosen holster or similar but kydex is just much more convenient and safe in my experience.

View attachment 4521701
View attachment 4521702

Pictures aren’t mine but an example of what can happen.
This.

Leather is "pretty," but now ideal in most any circumstance.

Shameless plug...But I am very fond of these holsters.
I have 4 and use the mag holsters too.
I prefer leather over Kydex anyday.
Worth a look...their videos will explain their best features.

Back
Top Bottom