• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leave hogs in woods on WMA?

1668371323114.jpeg

I was out last weekend looking for some , didn't see any. Saw plenty of gators but can't kill a dang reptile without season and tags. SMH.
I know I'd kill hogs on my property just about anytime I could because they are too destructive. I have killed many groundhogs and have not eaten any. Don't feel guilty about it as most were in hay fields. Farmers hate them for digging holes that lead to breakdowns on expensive equipment.
Muskrat is actually pretty tasty.

I was out last weekend looking for some , didn't see any. Saw plenty of gators but can't kill a dang reptile without season and tags. SMH.
I know I'd kill hogs on my property just about anytime I could because they are too destructive. I have killed many groundhogs and have not eaten any. Don't feel guilty about it as most were in hay fields. Farmers hate them for digging holes that lead to breakdowns on expensive equipment.
Muskrat is actually pretty tasty.
You mean to tell me you eat a dang mushrat?

I can see Farmers killing Hogs that are destroying crops but just to be shooting something it's not hunting that's killing. The least you could do is process it will give it to the homeless shelters. That's much needed, valuable protein for those people. As far as killing groundhogs they should only be killed if they're trying to get under the foundation of your house. Also if they are presenting problems for farm equipment. I don't condone any slaughtering of animals unless there is a damn good reason. I use to but now I see the error of my ways. Senseless killing is never justified. To each his own I reckon.

I can see Farmers killing Hogs that are destroying crops but just to be shooting something it's not hunting that's killing. The least you could do is process it will give it to the homeless shelters. That's much needed, valuable protein for those people. As far as killing groundhogs they should only be killed if they're trying to get under the foundation of your house. Also if they are presenting problems for farm equipment. I don't condone any slaughtering of animals unless there is a damn good reason. I use to but now I see the error of my ways. Senseless killing is never justified. To each his own I reckon.
I can understand this sentiment and in most cases agree. However, I'm not so sure about it applying to hogs at all times. Look at Texas and the incredible problems they have with a completely out of control hog population. We are heading in the same direction. The population of wild hogs has been steadily grown and expanding their range in Georgia.

If I kill a hog that's not so big and old that they are basically inedible, I'm going to eat it. If I kill several hogs in an effort to eradicate, or at least greatly reduce, the population in an area I'm just not going to do what's needed to salvage the meat from all of them. Let the scavengers feast.

Back
Top Bottom