• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leaving prices in sold threads?

I ALWAYS leave the info and pics in my ads. I close the thread and mark them GONE, SOLD or TRADED. The only problem I have with that is that sometimes I get a surprise PM asking if I am interested in trading for this or that and I have no idea what I am supposed to have for trade. Inevitably it is someone who has pulled up one of my closed ads and didn't read the CLOSED/SOLD etc...just PMed an offer on a gone gun.

This

Bad idea IMHO, people should be able to do what THEY want with THEIR listing (within reason), don't you think?

Of course. I specifically said it should not necessarily be a rule. I just thought it could be done as a courtesy and could prove useful to both buyers and sellers.

It doesnt cover tracks so I dont think thats it. I do it so if the next person wants to sell it that people DONT use mine as a reference.
Ergo.. tracks are covered. I have no problem folks knowing what I paid for an item... If I want more for it for whatever reason all they need to do is make an offer or move on...

Back
Top Bottom