• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Legal question about stripped AR lower sell

I wouldn't do it..He has put you on notice that he is purchasing for someone else...the ice is so thin the water is coming thru.

Well I was the potential buyer of said lower. Was gonna build my best friend an cheap ar for his birthday. He is over 18 no criminal record. I simply varified from seller that it wasn't a blemished unit because it was a gift. After setting time and day for transaction he tells me it's illegal to sell to me. So I assume any one who builds an sells a gun is breaking the law? If so please tell me. I don't wanna break any laws.

This is not breaking the law. You can gift it. A straw purchase is when you knowingly purchase a firearm for someone who is unable to legally own it, for example a felon.

I wouldn't do it..He has put you on notice that he is purchasing for someone else...the ice is so thin the water is coming thru.

Bull****.

I pickup guns for my brother from time to time here and he picks them up for me. He is legal to own and so am I. We live an hour or so apart and it is a convenience thing. What law am I breaking.

Unless your an FFL dealer what's the issue??? How do you know the guy your selling to is not a convicted felon / terrorist / burglar / goat rapist? Who cares what he does with it.....!

Well I was the potential buyer of said lower. Was gonna build my best friend an cheap ar for his birthday. He is over 18 no criminal record. I simply varified from seller that it wasn't a blemished unit because it was a gift. After setting time and day for transaction he tells me it's illegal to sell to me. So I assume any one who builds an sells a gun is breaking the law? If so please tell me. I don't wanna break any laws.

No laws are gonna be broken if what you say about said person is true. If he was underage or a felon it would be illegal.

Yeah, I would still get a BOS though.

If you bought the gun for YOURSELF and later down the road you decided to sell it it is not illegal. That isn't what's been laid out here. You have openly made the statement you are procuring for another.
You have told this seller you are buying it for someone else....that puts seller in a very questionable and highly risky position.

Back
Top Bottom