• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lessons learned from last weeks tornadoes

I'm considering getting another portable large capacity water filter ,several 5 gallon water jugs, and a solar powered generator for charging phone ect... and a small battery powered chain saw for small stuff. Extra gas for vehicles. I still keep all my camping gear from scouts ready. Stove ,lantern tent,sleeping bags and some freeze dried meals for a couple of days.
Sounds like good planning. I also keep a pretty good collection of old fashioned oil lamps. They're cheap and cheap to use. They really came in handy until I could get the generators up and running and l didn't have to eat up my batteries.

Green House panels soon to be listed. I get mocked wearing my motorcycle helmet during violent storms
60D09DF2-3DC8-46CE-B2E3-CA592A715EF4.jpeg

Time to think about getting rid of the trees close to the house. God was watching over us. The tornados missed us by about a mile. My step daughter and grand daughter had some roof and window damage to their house over near Lake Jackson. They will be staying with us for a few weeks until the repairs are completed.

Sounds like good planning. I also keep a pretty good collection of old fashioned oil lamps. They're cheap and cheap to use. They really came in handy until I could get the generators up and running and l didn't have to eat up my batteries.
What all do the lamps burn?

Back
Top Bottom