• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

no.

What model "Mauser" were you thinking of?

The only Mauser pistol that comes remotely close is this, from 1877, and it doesn't match the pic I posted.

P.S. The gun I'm asking about is actually quite a bit newer than even this Mauser pistol.

E0B371C3-4C74-4128-9D1C-88134BBD058D.jpeg

OK, I'm calling it a no-go on this A.H. Thompkins single-shot lifting-breechblock .22LR target pistol,
made in the late 1940s, one of only perhaps200 total made by the end of production in the early 1950s,
1635053505187.png

From an auction website's description of this gun:
Tompkins Precision Model Single Shot Hinge Lock Pistol
Limited production, number 2 out of approximately 200 manufactured between 1947 and 1953. Single shot, hinge lock pistol with blade front and adjustable notch rear sights, serrated trigger and hammer spur and one piece full length checkered walnut stock with black plastic grip cap.

Another gun's description from another auction website:
These Pistols were manufactured from 1947 to 1953, approx, and there were only around 200 made. The serial number is No.123 .The bore is "shiny" good and it does function properly. It retains at least 90% of its original blue finish and the wood is really nice. Just a really nice rare collectible target pistol.

View attachment 3616030

This one's also much newer than it would seem at first glance.
Nirbheek revolver chambered in .32 long. It looks like a Webley Mk IV. Apparently Webley makes revolvers in India as part of their made in India initiative. Webley makes the .32 caliber version of the mk iv.

That's it. Introduced in 2015, it's an updated version of the Webley, with an alloy frame, a cross-bolt manual safety,
a transfer-bar firing system instead of a firing pin on the hammer nose, and a few other changes.

This Nirbheek revolver was made for private citizens in India, with gun permits. Especially women. It was marketed to women for self-defense against the rape culture over there.

You're up.
1635076851055.png

1635076784257.png

Tough one.
It's got a metal frame.
Bolt-on polymer grip panels.
Single-action only trigger.
Hammerless or concealed-hammer.

Not pocket pistol --this is a medium to full size gun with adjustable sights.

Looks like an early 1990s gun produced by some European armory, probably a former Eastern bloc / Soviet affiliate nation.

But I can't find a match on the internet, and I'm tired of looking.

5FBB0D7B-DF82-4FE6-AFD3-FD2DB2B078F7.jpeg

Tough one.
It's got a metal frame.
Bolt-on polymer grip panels.
Single-action only trigger.
Hammerless or concealed-hammer.

Not pocket pistol --this is a medium to full size gun with adjustable sights.

Looks like an early 1990s gun produced by some European armory, probably a former Eastern bloc / Soviet affiliate nation.

But I can't find a match on the internet, and I'm tired of looking.

View attachment 3619441
1287743285.jpg

It's a Norinco model 77b in 9mm. It's a gas delayed blowback pistol and has a trigger guard finger cocking system for racking the slide.

Back
Top Bottom