• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

SIG M/1949--

It is the 47/8 model purchased for the Danish military and issued version for officers, military police, and special forces, chambered in 9mm Luger.

Usually called only Neuhausen in Denmark, this model is stamped "P m/49", and also known as "P210-DK". First issued beginning in 1950 to the Danish Army Technical Corps (stamped "HTK"), this remained the standard sidearm in the Danish military throughout 60 years of continuous use.

(From wikipedia)
AKA Sig P210. You got it.

The close-up picture of the gun's action on the right side is the only decent one I could find for this rifle, the first variant using that specific model number.

The other pic showing a full length rifle with a scope mounted and a sling is the second variant-- slightly later production but using the same name & model number.

F9C19415-7C4C-44EA-8201-1815F3FD91CF.jpeg
85C72D57-B388-45BB-B1F2-85DE5D16C95B.jpeg

Given the lack of online photographs that match the specific model I posted above, I'll take any answer that lists the rife's brand / manufacturer -regardless of the name given to the gun or its model number designation (which has changed over the decades.)

If this is what a commercial Mauser-based sporter rifle imported by Interarms looks like:

1643485644322.png

Then no, it's not a match. Close, but no cigar.

If this image is the kind of Interarms Mark X rifle you were referring to:

1643485799191.png

It's not right. The above rifles are too close in design to the military Mausers, especially with regard to the back of the bolt,
and the wide-open top where the receiver seems just about as low on the left side of the closed bolt as it is on the right.

The rifle I'm thinking of may indeed have some elements of a Mauser in it, and the company that built it / branded it did make Mausers for military service back in the day, but what I posted is a bit more removed from the WWI and WWII Mausers we're all familiar with. The design was tweaked quite a bit by the early 1990s, for this company's then-latest offering.

It looks a lot like a JP Sauer and Sohn

I've looked at several rifles from J.P. Sauer
Colt Sauer,
and Sauer and Sohn.

I'm not finding a match, though obviously these are all tweaks and mods from the same basic design that probably goes back 120 years.

Here, for example, is a Sauer model 80.

The safety and magazine floorplate release is different.

1643487032284.png

Back
Top Bottom