• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

choppa.png

Are they good knives? I have debated getting one.
Yes, they are very thick compared to most fixed blade knives; they are more like a bayonet in that regard. They are tough as hell.

I bought these as throwing knives because large knives have a smoother throw and a more steady spin rate than light knives. I also want my throwing knives to look like real knives not flat pieces of stamped steel with no handles. When I was learning to throw these, I was hitting tree trunks and hardware store lumber at all kinds of weird angles --backwards, sideways, tipped 45° etc.

A normal knife not meant for throwing even a good sturdy fighting knife or bowie knife would have the tip of the blade snapped off and the handles broken off of the tang by now.

These Glock knives took many hundreds of trips clattering across my driveway or the gravel in front of my workshop. Nothing broken, only finish wear & surface scratches.

P.S. Sometimes I throw knife number 1 into the target and it sticks, and then I throw knife #2 which strikes the back of knife number one! This leaves some pretty nasty cuts and gouges in the polymer handle of the first knife that was already in the target. But, the cuts are not too deep and they don't compromise the integrity or usefulness of the grips.

As to the rifle cartridge loaded with two bullets stacked on top of each other inside the case--- any guesses about that?

It's not some handloader's wild experiment. This round was actually designed by ballistics expert and produced by either a commercial ammunition factory or a defense contractor

with the hope to make & sell millions of them
(but that didn't work out.)

Back
Top Bottom