• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets see your everyday carry!!

I started messing with it really as a purpose driven mode, i.e., a better concealment mode on those few and far between more discrete carry days, which usually entail carrying my M&P Shield. Once I got used to it though, and found the right rig for me, I prefer it for everything. The thing with appendix carry is you have to find the right rig for you. As popular as the CCC Shaggy is as an appendix rig, I simply can't use it, just won't work. Tried the JM Custom Kydex rig and had a winner, and I've also become a fan of the G Code INCOG. As far as carrying a full size gun appendix goes, I think in a lot of ways it's easier. The additional length helps keep the butt of the weapon tucked into your body, where a smaller gun can tend to roll outboard on you. For that reason, a lot of guys that AIWB a Glock 19 will do it in a Glock 17 holster.

Curious if you have tried Appendix Carry with either Leather or any of the "Soft" Holsters like the Remora and, if so, how that worked for you?

Curious if you have tried Appendix Carry with either Leather or any of the "Soft" Holsters like the Remora and, if so, how that worked for you?

I played around with a Garrity Leather Invictus a buddy of mine had. I liked it fine, but Garrity's wait list is insane, and I didn't like it enough to justify almost triple the cost of a JMCK ($75 vs $170). I do hear really good things about John Ralston at 5 Shot's SME AIWB, but again incredibly long wait, and basically the same price point as the Garrity.

As far as Remora, etc., no. Total speculation on my part, but I would think trying to carry AIWB in a non rigid holster like that would suck something fierce.

I played around with a Garrity Leather Invictus a buddy of mine had. I liked it fine, but Garrity's wait list is insane, and I didn't like it enough to justify almost triple the cost of a JMCK ($75 vs $170). I do hear really good things about John Ralston at 5 Shot's SME AIWB, but again incredibly long wait, and basically the same price point as the Garrity.

As far as Remora, etc., no. Total speculation on my part, but I would think trying to carry AIWB in a non rigid holster like that would suck something fierce.

Thanks!

Actually had a brand new out of the box G-19 that "was broken" in class yesterday.
First time that's ever happened that I've seen. It had a bad trigger return spring & the trigger would not reset.
I replaced it while the shooters got in their car to warm up. It worked fine afterwards.

When I took the Glock Armorer's Class back in 2009, the Instructor made kind of a big deal about the Glock being able to function WITH a broken Trigger Spring--'Course, IIRC, he did admit the Shooter would hafta' "Manually Reset" the Trigger between shots--That would "Kill" any kinda' shot-to-shot SPEED, I reckon... :) ....mikey357

When I took the Glock Armorer's Class back in 2009, the Instructor made kind of a big deal about the Glock being able to function WITH a broken Trigger Spring--'Course, IIRC, he did admit the Shooter would hafta' "Manually Reset" the Trigger between shots--That would "Kill" any kinda' shot-to-shot SPEED, I reckon... :) ....mikey357

Was Alan Ramsey the Instructor? I did their Instructor workshop which included the Armorers class & was impressed w/ his teaching style.

Easter at MLC 2014 233.jpg

Back
Top Bottom