• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let's stir the pot 45 vs 9mm vs mystery caliber

I carry a G42 .380 on my weak side and my duty and CCW on my strong side. This way I can access a weapon with either hand incase the other is doing something else like fending off an attack or retaining my other weapon if someone is trying to take it. I have no problem with the .380 caliber since I only expect it to take away some or hopefully all of the attackers ability to fight as I access my primary weapon.

Last edited:
Say what you want but a co-worker was shot 11 times with a 9 all 5 to 10 feet away. He was hit all over and was back to work 2 months later.

Have heard the same stories with .40's & .45's.
One perp. was hit 52 times with .40 cals. & another was shot 33 times.
With weak pistol bullets placement is critical.

There are no magical bullets in any service calibers. Their wound tracts are all very similar as they do not have the high velocities needed to create hydrostatic shock like many rifle rounds.

Last edited:
Got both 9 and .45, just depends on what end of the house you break into. Like all of them, even have the dreaded .44 mag"blow your head clean off" for those entering my bed chambers. Dirt Harry would be proud! :-)
now if they made a glock chambered in 44 mag...well there wouldn't be any need for a model 29

Back
Top Bottom