• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let's stir the pot 45 vs 9mm vs mystery caliber

Say what you want but a co-worker was shot 11 times with a 9 all 5 to 10 feet away. He was hit all over and was back to work 2 months later.

Shot placement son. I have heard this statement made many times with different calibers. Everybody knows somebody that did this that and the other and the bad guy lived. Some might be true, I wouldn't know though since I wasn't there so I can't call BS on the story but in all fairness I can see how someone can take multiple rounds and lived if the rounds were all in non critical areas.

You may note that there was no clothing or internal bone or cartilage in front of or inside the gel i.e. a shirt, jacket, or rib bones/ cartilage, as would usually be present in a human.

The .380 is better than it was, but still lacks a "magic bullet/ hammer of Thor".
It has very marginal power to consistently expand & reach the preferred FBI recommended penetration depth of 12"-18".

It is a compromise cartridge for when the shooter can't (or just won't) carry anything larger.
In most cases, it is better than harsh words or a sharp stick.
One in your pocket or waistband is better than a larger gun left at home or in the vehicle but it is not magic just like no pistol round is.

I always say a couple well placed .22LR rounds are better than 2 mags full of .45 that miss. Run as much gun as you competently can. In a gun fight do whatever it takes to win, cheat as much as possible

I don't have anything against a 9mm, 45 or 380. One thing I am pretty sure oh is:
A person who gets shot with either one is not going to walk up to you and ask if you shot him with a 9mm, 45 or 380. Any of the three will ruin your day.

Say what you want but a co-worker was shot 11 times with a 9 all 5 to 10 feet away. He was hit all over and was back to work 2 months later.

James Doohan (better known as Scotty from Star Trek) was shot 6 times with a Bren .303 machine gun at Normandy. One of the rounds hit him in the chest and exited his back. He lived on to be 85 years old before passing away. So I guess even multiple high powered rifle rounds aren't enough to stop a person.
zaaaaaa.jpg

Most people never noticed that he was missing one of his fingers on his right hand.

I personally knew a man who was killed by a single .22lr round. He was hit in the neck and bled to death before he could get to the hospital only one mile away.

Shot placement is everything. This is why we train. Having a gun is not enough if you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Last edited:
James Doohan (better known as Scotty from Star Trek) was shot 6 times with a Bren .303 machine gun at Normandy. One of the rounds hit him in the chest and exited his back. He lived on to be 85 years old before passing away. So I guess even multiple high powered rifle rounds aren't enough to stop a person.
View attachment 627961
Most people never noticed that he was missing one of his fingers on his right hand.

I personally knew a man who was killed by a single .22lr round. He was hit in the neck and bled to death before he could get to the hospital only one mile away.

Shot placement is everything. This is why we train. Having a gun is not enough if you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

James Doohan shot by .303? Friendly fire?

Back
Top Bottom