Let's talk axle ratios

i got 4.88's in my 4runner and its slow as poo. but that cause it's pushing 35's on a tired 3.0 motor which probably has a total of 100hp hahaha but she will go 65mph!

When you increase tire size, of course you have to go to a lower ratio. If you left a set 3.73's in a truck with 40's, the **** would go 0-60 sower than it could run a 1/4 mile. I'm talking bone stock. Remember all the 4.6 mustang guys with their 4.10's eating transmissions and blowing motors? Yea they were fast as hell from a dig, but were killing every drivetrain component.

And where is this info coming from???? pretty common to have a 4.6 guy rockin 4.10's with no issue. Only issue is when they go forced induction and they lose traction b/c they are great too low. If they are blowing motors, it wasn't b/c of the gears...

And where is this info coming from???? pretty common to have a 4.6 guy rockin 4.10's with no issue. Only issue is when they go forced induction and they lose traction b/c they are great too low. If they are blowing motors, it wasn't b/c of the gears...
I agree with that..my stang had 4.10s with a supercharger 12psi and never had any drive train issues with built components..stock would be a bomb waiting to explode with more than 350hp to the wheels

Back
Top Bottom