• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liberty gives access to their safes but there are no back door master codes

I don’t know of a single manufacture, including Liberty that has some secret code that opens up everything, that would be reckless…

they use individual codes, no different than the one you use. They are filed by serial number.

Yeah that is what I figured, but as you can see in this thread, it has been said the backdoor codes exist. And people are posting the same all over the internet - which is usually "very reliable"...

I was just looking for clarification.

In for a cheap liberty safe.....

All BS aside, I feel like they shouldn't have given up the combo. They did and it saved the safe. Lessons to be learned; change your lock for better security. Hide your safe for even better security. There are others but lest they not be divulged on a public forum.

I wouldn't give liberty a dime after this. But I'll definitely take some dummies safe who decides they're getting rid of theirs to make some statement.

It's like dummies burning Carhartts or shooting cases of bud light. You done bought it, destroying or getting rid of it only hurts yourself.

And I don't have any problem personally with safe companies having back up codes that are individualized to each serial number. It's handing that information over to someone who is not the owner where the problem is for me.

All my safes are poor tier quality anyways. The way I see it, most robberies are smash and grab and they ain't sticking around long enough to bust open my cannon. Unless they're a professional like safecracker, in which case they're getting in no matter if it's a high end safe or my poor tier garbage so might as well save the coin.

I wouldn't give liberty a dime after this. But I'll definitely take some dummies safe who decides they're getting rid of theirs to make some statement.

It's like dummies burning Carhartts or shooting cases of bud light. You done bought it, destroying or getting rid of it only hurts yourself.

And I don't have any problem personally with safe companies having back up codes that are individualized to each serial number. It's handing that information over to someone who is not the owner where the problem is for me.

All my safes are poor tier quality anyways. The way I see it, most robberies are smash and grab and they ain't sticking around long enough to bust open my cannon. Unless they're a professional like safecracker, in which case they're getting in no matter if it's a high end safe or my poor tier garbage so might as well save the coin.
I don't think a professional is going to go after 98% of our safes anyway, the risk is not worth the reward. They would look at the safe and figure there's nothing in it worth the time.

Exactly. But people have zero spines. These boards are littered with excuses and justifications for continuing to support companies actively working to reduce out rights.
"If they have the cheapest price I don't care...."
"If I boycotted every company I disagreed with I wouldn't be able to shop anywhere..."
It's freaking nauseating how lazy and soft we've become.
Not all of us...ask me the last time I walked into a Target or a Starbucks, or bought a box of Kellogg's cereal. I could go on. There are always alternatives. I'll be damned if I put one dollar in the pocket of some leftist who has already made my life at least a little bit of hell on earth.

Back
Top Bottom