• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Listing Moved?

Well, it hasn't been demilled or torched, but the functioning receiver has been replaced with a "dummy" aluminum one. All it needs is a receiver with the go-bits, and it's a firearm again. I'm just concerned nobody will ever see it listed in accessories. It's a very unique item, so categorization is a bit subjective. Milsurp rifles seems to be the closest fit. "Accessories" makes me think scopes, sights, slings, etc, but not a World War Two machine gun. Maybe a new category is needed? I was originally thinking of putting it in the misc. category, but it was suggested I put it in Rifles/milsurp.

So, any demilled or dummy rifle is not a firearm, but amy yahoo cam list a non functioning firearm in "firearms?"

Happens a bit here. "I never fired this so I can't tell you if or how it shoots!" I've seen that type of statement made by folks who clearly are lying in their ads as evinced by the follow up thread, "I bought this rifle and the sailor sold it broken!"

I know, splitting hairs. But seriously, an MG34, even if built on a dummy receiver, has to be listed as an accessory?

If the batf doesn't deem it a firearm; as in it would require a 4473 if purchased from a dealer, it doesn't get listed in the firearms section.

Well, it hasn't been demilled or torched, but the functioning receiver has been replaced with a "dummy" aluminum one. All it needs is a receiver with the go-bits, and it's a firearm again. I'm just concerned nobody will ever see it listed in accessories. It's a very unique item, so categorization is a bit subjective. Milsurp rifles seems to be the closest fit. "Accessories" makes me think scopes, sights, slings, etc, but not a World War Two machine gun. Maybe a new category is needed? I was originally thinking of putting it in the misc. category, but it was suggested I put it in Rifles/milsurp.

Is it still a firearm according (would it require a 4473 if sold by an FFL) to the batf?

Is it still a firearm according (would it require a 4473 if sold by an FFL) to the batf?
No FFL or paperwork needed. I just would like it to sell rather than languishing in obscurity. Is it possible to list this in two places, like accessories AND misc (everything else)? I think only members in Georgia can see my listing, is that correct? What about the "national classifieds" here? I can ship anywhere in the US, so could I list it for everyone to see?

No FFL or paperwork needed. I just would like it to sell rather than languishing in obscurity. Is it possible to list this in two places, like accessories AND misc (everything else)? I think only members in Georgia can see my listing, is that correct? What about the "national classifieds" here? I can ship anywhere in the US, so could I list it for everyone to see?

Nope, as per site rules you may list an item in one section. All members can see all sections of the classifieds.

Okay. I'll just have to trust the judgment of whoever moved it to accessories that it was the best category for it. Any possibility of creating a "Militaria" category?

Okay. I'll just have to trust the judgment of whoever moved it to accessories that it was the best category for it. Any possibility of creating a "Militaria" category?
Post that suggestion here:

If there is enough interest, the site owner might entertain it.

If the batf doesn't deem it a firearm; as in it would require a 4473 if purchased from a dealer, it doesn't get listed in the firearms section.
So the BATF is the de facto go-to guide for categorization? Well that oughta clear things up for the average Joe 😂

IMG_7358.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom