LMAO! I think just ruined some punks day

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKguy...not wanting to start a flame war by any means...nor am I a Subie fan. One thing not mentioned in any of your posts is cost to maintain that kraut machine. It will be easier 4-5X as much to maintain anything German made (not just BMW, also Audi & MB cars) than maintenance on anything but a Nissan GT-R. Not all of us can afford the upfront expense of a BMW plus the constant expense of maintaining one. Don't play this one off as me not knowing...I fully know how much it costs to maintain a BMW. My best friend drives an 3-series Xi...and my boss drives an E39. I've heard what their costs are...and it's scary. A trip for a set brakes is about $1300 for my bud's Xi - and about $800 if you buy the real BMW parts and install them yourself.

Don't hate on me...I drive Korean at the moment. Say what you will...I really like my Optima SX. So what if I get beat by a BMW...or a Subie. My SX has plenty of power (more than I can use safely most times)...and gets 24mpg around town. Turbo'd Subies can't touch that mileage...and I am pretty sure an M3 can't either.

Last edited:
You need to do your research buddy. New 2012 STI LIMITED with all options is 37k a 2012 M3 is 60k. So wanna try that again? And if you wanna compair the old m3 then i'll get an old STI, and by your compairison once again price is the issue. A 2001 E46 M3 is $18000, a 2005 STI is around 18-20k. There is a 4 year difference here which will affect price of each and when compairing the cost of each new there is also a difference. Why dont you quit sayin reading comprehinsion when all your doing is saying my bmw is better than your crap and not even reading what i am saying. I know there are cars better than an STI but for money your not going to beat the overall performance of one. You spend your extra money on parts and maintance for that beamer and i'll keep my subie and not mind when it gets beat up a lil because its a car meant to be driven not looked at and say mine is better than yours.

Anyone paying $18k for an 01 M better be getting one with 50,000 miles. Fully loaded 06 M's with 70k-ish can be had for 19k-22k And I'd like to see you get a loaded STI for $37k, expecially when dealerships are quoting people $35k for a stripped down base package. Keep toying with the 4 banger. Us big boys will take our finely tuned, naturally aspirated, German engines and play on the asphalt instead of the dirt.

We'll settle this once and for all, with a pic war.

AK's setup

AKguyM3.jpg

Blaze's setup

BlazedawgSTI.jpg

AKguy...not wanting to start a flame war by any means...nor am I a Subie fan. One thing not mentioned in any of your posts is cost to maintain that kraut machine. It will be easier 4-5X as much to maintain anything German made (not just BMW, also Audi & MB cars) than maintenance on anything but a Nissan GT-R. Not all of us can afford the upfront expense of a BMW plus the constant expense of maintaining one. Don't play this one off as me not knowing...I fully know how much it costs to maintain a BMW. My best friend drives an 3-series Xi...and my boss drives an E39. I've heard what their costs are...and it's scary. A trip for a set brakes is about $1300 for my bud's Xi - and about $800 if you buy the real BMW parts and install them yourself.

Don't hate on me...I drive Korean at the moment. Say what you will...I really like my Optima SX. So what if I get beat by a BMW...or a Subie. My SX has plenty of power (more than I can use safely most times)...and gets 24mpg around town. Turbo'd Subies can't touch that mileage...and I am pretty sure an M3 can't either.

I have an e46, and if you buy the OEM parts online and do it yourself, the cost isn't any more than any other newer car. Granted, it is more expensive than working on a 77 CJ-7, but it isn't as bad as you think.

Anyone paying $18k for an 01 M better be getting one with 50,000 miles. Fully loaded 06 M's with 70k-ish can be had for 19k-22k And I'd like to see you get a loaded STI for $37k, expecially when dealerships are quoting people $35k for a stripped down base package. Keep toying with the 4 banger. Us big boys will take our finely tuned, naturally aspirated, German engines and play on the asphalt instead of the dirt.

Funny you know how much people are getting quoted for a subie, yet you refuse to acknowledge the fact the a new M3 is 60k+. And you also wont comment on the upkeep of the newer style beamers and not the older ones. You keep saying mines better than yours! Well your trying to compare two different cars like i have already said. Another thing you failed to make a point on, exactly what is the insurance on a new M3? Cause for me being 21 with clean record my insurance on a 08 wrx is 2400 a year. And if a NA motor is SOOOO much better why is almost every single drag car boosted? I have so much potential sitting under my hood that if you put me up against an 08 M3 and let me mod to meat its price its *** is grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom