LMAO! I think just ruined some punks day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some food for thought......how about not racing on public roads? My family and I would like to avoid being in an accident that might kill all us because you engage in stupid, selfish, and reckless behavior.

If you'd speed up it wouldn't be an issue.

I know this is over kill. I have a Super Charged Mazda Miata with a 20lb Nitro bottle stuffe in the trunk. I mean stuffed. 360hp at the rear wheels. I get picked on all the time at red lights.

Food for thought...

STI vs E46 m3

0-60: STI definitely wins
1/4 mile: they're about neck and neck, M3 may edge out
60-120: M3 wins, and it only gets worse as the rate of speed climbs

This is comapring a new STI to an 8-10 year old M3. I haven't even run the numbers for an E90/E92 M3, but your goose is cooked. Next time you see an M on 75, give it a shot but don't plan on winning. I hope you realize that your beloved AWD hurts you at high speeds, the same speeds that are the sweet spot for the M's. Furthermore, the M3 is neck and neck with the STI's in the twisties. You basically have a car that is only good for 60 mph runs and playing in dirt. If you want that, buy an F250 and chip it out. If you want a classy car that people won't question, drop an extra couple grand and grab an M3.

Now you that you have thrown numbers in this how about compairing price. Theres about a 20k difference between the two. Take that 20k and mod the sti and your lil m3 has no chance. And for that matter where can you ever use any speed over 120? All the fun is getting there. Yes going over is fast but you cant really do it anywhere around here. And bring that NEW m3 out and match it up with a STI that has 20k invested to match the prices and it will not touch it in the twisties. You cant compair two cars that are pointed towards different markets and price ranges. Anytime you try to compair a budget base sports car that has a great base and tons of potential against a higher priced sports car 9/10 that lil budget based car will win because aftermarket will almost always beat factory. And you cant get 26mpg from an f250 driving it everyday and it'll take over 100 to fill it up where as it takes me around 45.

Now you that you have thrown numbers in this how about compairing price. Theres about a 20k difference between the two. Take that 20k and mod the sti and your lil m3 has no chance. And for that matter where can you ever use any speed over 120? All the fun is getting there. Yes going over is fast but you cant really do it anywhere around here. And bring that NEW m3 out and match it up with a STI that has 20k invested to match the prices and it will not touch it in the twisties. You cant compair two cars that are pointed towards different markets and price ranges. Anytime you try to compair a budget base sports car that has a great base and tons of potential against a higher priced sports car 9/10 that lil budget based car will win because aftermarket will almost always beat factory. And you cant get 26mpg from an f250 driving it everyday and it'll take over 100 to fill it up where as it takes me around 45.

Uh, no. New is like a 10k-15k price difference (depending on options) and you get dusted. An E90/92 will have your cracker jack box toy eating gravel. But again, reading comprehension is key. A used E46 M runs about the same as a used STI (depending on year and mileage). And if your car is incapable of reaching 120+ around here, it's a huge POS. There are placed on Stone Mtn. freeway that an M can hit 150+.

Anyway, I'll take the classier, better looking, more well built car anyday of the week.

Last edited:
Uh, no. New is like a 10k-15k price difference (depending on options) and you get dusted. An E90/92 will have your cracker jack box toy eating gravel. But again, reading comprehension is key. A used E46 M runs about the same as a used STI (depending on year and mileage). And if your car is incapable of reaching 120+ around here, it's a huge POS. There are placed on Stone Mtn. freeway that an M can hit 150+.

Anyway, I'll take the classier, better looking, more well built car anyday of the week.

You need to do your research buddy. New 2012 STI LIMITED with all options is 37k a 2012 M3 is 60k. So wanna try that again? And if you wanna compair the old m3 then i'll get an old STI, and by your compairison once again price is the issue. A 2001 E46 M3 is $18000, a 2005 STI is around 18-20k. There is a 4 year difference here which will affect price of each and when compairing the cost of each new there is also a difference. Why dont you quit sayin reading comprehinsion when all your doing is saying my bmw is better than your crap and not even reading what i am saying. I know there are cars better than an STI but for money your not going to beat the overall performance of one. You spend your extra money on parts and maintance for that beamer and i'll keep my subie and not mind when it gets beat up a lil because its a car meant to be driven not looked at and say mine is better than yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom