• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local Law Enforcement Using Military Equipment Questioned

only time i think ill need a cops help is after i lose a gun fight

just sayin, i dont think they can ever actually help me when its needed

God forbid your family and kids are ever in trouble and need help and your not around. Do the cops always make it in time to stop the crime? No, but thy do sometimes and believe it or not they do try. But your a tuff guy so you probably don't concern yourself with other folks in trouble.

God forbid your family and kids are ever in trouble and need help and your not around. Do the cops always make it in time to stop the crime? No, but thy do sometimes and believe it or not they do try. But your a tuff guy so you probably don't concern yourself with other folks in trouble.

im so glad they can be there to catch a criminal after the fact, im not saying cops are bad and arent needed, i just dont think they are here to protect and serve, they are government workers

just sayin

A. NOT all the cops are GOOD guys.
B. LE should NOT have overwhelming firepower. Not every encounter begins/ends with a firefight. You will think differently when they try to use it on you. (e.g. only LEO have firearms) They usually already have better training, vests, back-up, radios, etc. The average criminal doesn't want to get in a firefight even if they have EQUAL levels of firepower.
C. We have judges & juries for the bad guys, not all should be "wasted".

I will sound like a hypocrite here but I do believe in "Peace through Superior Firepower" albeit only when those with the "Superior Firepower" can be trusted.

Tell 'em. The .gov should not have a monopoly on the use of force. I'm not even sure they deserve an advantage. Tyranny exists when the people fear the government. Liberty exists when the government fears the people.

only time i think ill need a cops help is after i lose a gun fight

just sayin, i dont think they can ever actually help me when its needed

So you don't think the existence of LE has a positive effect on our society? Right! I'm sure we would never even notice it if every LEO just hung it up tomorrow and let society fend for itself.

Like I said. Some people have no understanding of what anarchy would really be like.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell 'em. The .gov should not have a monopoly on the use of force. I'm not even sure they deserve an advantage. Tyranny exists when the people fear the government. Liberty exists when the government fears the people.

From what I can tell, there are a lot of people here that already fear the government.

So you don't think the existence of LE has a positive effect on our society? Right! I'm sure we would never even notice it if every LEO just hung it up tomorrow and let society fend for itself.

I believe the purpose LEO serves is to "keep the peace" on a macro level. When it comes to micro situations they simply can'
t be everywhere at once. It is up to the individual at that time to make a good decision on the next action. I also be the justice system is there to solve disputes. Yes I agree without LEO there would be anarchy.

im so glad they can be there to catch a criminal after the fact, im not saying cops are bad and arent needed, i just dont think they are here to protect and serve, they are government workers

just sayin

Firefighters are government workers too, so do you not think they are needed because you haven't needed them yet? They are just government workers, just sayin.

Firefighters are government workers too, so do you not think they are needed because you haven't needed them yet? They are just government workers, just sayin.

I understand what your saying but simply being an EMT, a Firefighter or an LEO does NOT make you (general not you, you) better than everyone else. I understand that a lot of them are really good people but to some of them it's just a job.

I understand what your saying but simply being an EMT, a Firefighter or an LEO does NOT make you (general not you, you) better than everyone else. I understand that a lot of them are really good people but to some of them it's just a job.

I agree 100%, I was referring to his mentality of "I don't need them and they are only government workers" some do need them. they are not better than others but they are needed and shouldn't grouped into the same class as the useless folks at the DMV.

Do I think that every officer should have select fire M4s and 40mm grenade launchers? No, but I'm a firm believer in the best tool for the job within reason. But then again I don't know of any departments that issue every officer full auto equipment.

As far as armored vehicles I don't have a problem with them having them if the department has the budget for them. They may not be needed every day but when they do have their uses. Things like the north Hollywood shootout come to mind.

Last edited:
I believe the purpose LEO serves is to "keep the peace" on a macro level. When it comes to micro situations they simply can'
t be everywhere at once. It is up to the individual at that time to make a good decision on the next action. I also be the justice system is there to solve disputes. Yes I agree without LEO there would be anarchy.

I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom