• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loganville....Woman defends her kids and home

My question is that she shot him 5 times in the neck and face. How did that not kill him with a .38? I'm sure it was at pretty close range too. Well good for her and he'll have to suffer the rest of his life for being a low life criminal. Hopefully that will teach him.

Four were through and throughs. One stuck around to remind him where he'd been and number six was a miss because he fell. She's got my respect!

Interesting contrast to this shooting yesterday:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-hiding-woman-shot-during-fairburn-burglary/nTmk3/

This is a Excellent Example of why law-abiding folks should have regular capacity magazines.

This story's outcome is in stark contrast to the shooting in Fairburn yesterday. Both were home invasion, in both the women hid, in both they were discovered, but in the Fairburn one the lady homeowner was unarmed and she was shot several times. Also what if in the event she had been faced with 2 intruders(like the Fairburn invasion) would 6 total shots been enough? She put five .38 Special slugs in the guy(face and chest) and he was still able to leave the scene, thankfully it was enough to get herself and her children to safety, but what if there were one or more intruders....she's out of ammo. But this illustrates a need for law-abiding people to own regular(media says "hi-capacity" I say regular) capacity magazines slap full of the best hollow points money can buy.

Her shooting skills were exemplary(5 out of 6 hit their mark) for a high stress shooting, better in fact than most police involved shootings. So the idea that regular folks can't shoot without mandated training is hogwash. (I don't know for a fact she wasn't trained it's just an assumption)

Last edited:
Interesting contrast to this shooting yesterday:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-hiding-woman-shot-during-fairburn-burglary/nTmk3/

This is a Excellent Example of why law-abiding folks should have regular capacity magazines.

This story's outcome is in stark contrast to the shooting in Fairburn yesterday. Both were home invasion, in both the women hid, in both they were discovered, but in the Fairburn one the lady homeowner was unarmed and she was shot several times. Also what if in the event she had been faced with 2 intruders(like the Fairburn invasion) would 6 total shots been enough? She put five .38 Special slugs in the guy(face and chest) and he was still able to leave the scene, thankfully it was enough to get herself and her children to safety, but what if there were one or more intruders....she's out of ammo. But this illustrates a need for law-abiding people to own regular(media says "hi-capacity" I say regular) capacity magazines slap full of the best hollow points money can buy.

Her shooting skills were exemplary(5 out of 6 hit their mark) for a high stress shooting, better in fact than most police involved shootings. So the idea that regular folks can't shoot without mandated training is hogwash. (I don't know for a fact she wasn't trained it's just an assumption)

Sure is a good example,the low life could have potentially harmed them even after he was shot.Kudos for the woman defending herself and kids.

Based on current NEWS coverage of GUN issues, why can we not see this plastered on all of every "NEWS" channel, running repeats every 12 minutes as a "FEEL GOOD" Story???? I mean, why can they just once, show everyone that Legally ARMED CITIZENS should and can protect themselves.....

KUDOS to the MOM...

...And to the perp, " How ya feel now, Duche Bag???"

She did good,

and the right thing, Ive always been taught to not confront an intruder, to get the kids and retreat to a safe room and wait for em to come find me,

maybe she should have used hollow points or frangible ammo though.

Good for her. Glad to see people who understand and prepare for the reality that you are responsible for your own safety, you can't depend on the good of others and the government to ensure your personal security. What the press never points out is the failure of the judicial and penal systems to keep scum like his ass off the streets. I'd be interested to see detailed arrest records, but I'd bet it SCREAMS this guy is a career bad guy.

Just read about the Fairburn incident. Kind of illustrates my point about not depending on the government to protect you.

" Fairburn-area home and found her hiding in a closet.

According to the police report, Melissa Burke told police she heard the suspects break into her Estonian Drive home just before midnight Thursday. The thieves first rang the doorbell and when no one answered, police said they went in through the back door. Burke called 911 and hid inside a closet. They found her there and shot her multiple times."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom