• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range precision rifle done

Smackdwn54

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

After 340 rounds, three different bullets and three powders I finally found the load my gun eats up.. The black picture shows 5 shots at 600 yards.. My rifle has been a slow build for a year and I have finally got it dialed in. It's a short action Remington 700 chambered in 243 ackley. The barrel is a 28" Kreiger 1-8 twist, 272 tight neck, JP muzzle brake, bell and Carlson stock ,glass bedded, trued action and recoil lug, badger bolt knob, shilen trigger and a 8-32-56 nightforce.. Theres more to list but anyways the hornady A- max , Berger target hybrid and hunting VLD were my top choices.. Out of the three the Orange box VLDs are amazing. I highly recommend these bullets to anyone who target shoots or hunts. I'm just overly excited and happy to have a 1000 yard gun..
Does anybody here have property or shoot long distances that would be willing to share the experience? (600 yards plus) I know a few places but I'm limited and I'm not interested in joining a club.. Any info would be appreciated..

Back
Top Bottom