• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

longest pistol shots

2 liter coke bottle all day with very few misses @ 100-115 yards. distance varies because the bottle moves back and forth on bank when hit. Sig GSR .45 revolution.

I'm not much on shooting crazy distances with my pistols. I typically train at a maximum of 25yards. However, with my 1911 .45acp I did hit a 12" metal plate at 275 yards ...............but it was 5' tall and it took a few shots.:becky:

if something is 600 yds away and you want to put a hole in it.... Either drive closer, or pick up a scoped weapon. I don't think I could even see a target at 600 yds.

Munden popped a ballon on the fourth shot from a .44 S&W at 600 yards on Impossible shots last night.

It's really easy to do...

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv10_mcarden1_hot_air_balloon.jpg

On TV I saw Bob Munden shoot an 8" balloon at 200 yds with a 2" snubby and was impressed. A couple of months later I saw him do the same feat with a .22 caliber NAA mini revolver. WOW now that's skill! It took 2 shots. does the tiny NAA revolver even count as a handgun?

While at the Dekalb range a couple of years ago I saw a guy with a Colt mustang talking to Glen Weaver one of the firearms training instructors who was manning the front desk. The gentleman was explaining that his Colt mustang wasn't any good past 25 yards to which Glen responded "Do you mind if I shoot it?" He proceeded to step out to the 200 yard line on the rifle range and after 1 ranging shot put the rest of the magazine into the center of a silhouette training target at 200 yards. He looks at the guy and says "That Colt is good for a little further than 25 yards son" and goes on about his business.

While at the Dekalb range a couple of years ago I saw a guy with a Colt mustang talking to Glen Weaver one of the firearms training instructors who was manning the front desk. The gentleman was explaining that his Colt mustang wasn't any good past 25 yards to which Glen responded "Do you mind if I shoot it?" He proceeded to step out to the 200 yard line on the rifle range and after 1 ranging shot put the rest of the magazine into the center of a silhouette training target at 200 yards. He looks at the guy and says "That Colt is good for a little further than 25 yards son" and goes on about his business.

That's good stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom