• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

longest pistol shots

amarsh89

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
19   0
Reaction score
i am an extreme novice when it comes to hand gun shooting

but when at the range the other day a friend of mine (a gunny sarge in the corps) shot his glock 30 and nailed a balloon ... at 130 yards ....

is this extra ordinary in any way ? do any of you have stories like this to share

and why is it he was having to aim 6 feet under the balloon ...is it because of the jump in the small barrel ?

I have put my 1911 on paper at 100 yds. It took 2 or 3 shots to get on paper and then they were only in about a 12" pattern. That is a long shot for a close quarters handgun. I could see a revolver with a longer barrel doing better easily. As far as the aiming low, your guess is as good as I can come up with. Can't wait to hear more input on this one.

250 with a scoped, 8" barrel .44 magnum. Fairly easy once your figure the hold-over IF the wind isn't blowing. I saw (on tv) Bob Munden hit a balloon at 300 yards with a snub-nosed .38 using fixed sights.

Not quite as impressive but with 3 witnesses, 2 are admins on this site, I hit a 10" square plate at 65yds with my Hi-Point .40 on the second shot... Not crazy long but for a gun with such a bad rap I am ok with it... With practice I can hit a 12" pan pretty much every shot out to 75yds with that same gun...

Not quite as impressive but with 3 witnesses that are all mods on this site I hit a 10" square plate at 65yds with my Hi-Point .40 on the second shot... Not crazy long but for a gun with such a bad rap I am ok with it... With practice I can hit a 12" pan pretty much every shot out to 75yds with that same gun...

I call B.S.

Not quite as impressive but with 3 witnesses that are all mods on this site I hit a 10" square plate at 65yds with my Hi-Point .40 on the second shot... Not crazy long but for a gun with such a bad rap I am ok with it... With practice I can hit a 12" pan pretty much every shot out to 75yds with that same gun...

No way.

Back
Top Bottom