• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a boiled peanut recipe

in! i got one of those low country boil kits as a gift. i'd love to make a huge amount and just grub on some boiled p nuts.

Try Dee's nuts....<insert joke>
Dee's nuts recipe my buddies and I cook.
Beer of your choice, salt, jalapeños, and Old Bay seasoning.
Cook in a crock pot overnight for the best results.

I have found that no matter what kind of spice (Cajun, Old Bay) I use, a half cup of salt per gallon of water always comes out perfect. Regardless of how many pounds of peanuts are in the pot the saltiness seems to work out just right.

Dang, this made me grab a bag out of the freezer for work tomorrow.

I have found that no matter what kind of spice (Cajun, Old Bay) I use, a half cup of salt per gallon of water always comes out perfect. Regardless of how many pounds of peanuts are in the pot the saltiness seems to work out just right.

Dang, this made me grab a bag out of the freezer for work tomorrow.

How much Cajun seasoning do you use per 1/2 cup of salt? I'm using Tony's & Slap Ya Mama today with mine.

If I am boiling maybe a half bushel I use this as a base for Cajun style. I don't measure it exactly but this is a good starting point. I usually do a lot of tasting while cooking so there may be some adding along the way.

This is added per gallon of water including the half cup of salt.
  • cayenne pepper - 1 tablespoon
  • onion powder - 1 teaspoon
  • garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
  • chili powder - 1 teaspoon
  • bay leaf - 1 large leaf
  • Zatarain's 'crawfish, shrimp and crab boil in bag the 3 oz. bags or Old Bay.
  • red pepper flakes - 1 tablespoon or a green jalapeno

Once the peanuts are done let them soak in the water until cool or enough spice has soaked in. I like mine spicy enough to tingle but not burn when eating them.
Keep in mind this is usually consumed by a bunch of fishing and hunting buddies that wash them down with beverages stronger than sweet tea.

A good friend gave me a bag of buffalo hot wings spicy peanuts. He was trying something new and wanted to share his creation. With a little tweaking to his recipe I think they would be really good

3/4 cup to a large pot about 3 to 4 pounds of nuts ,,,you can always add more salt but can't take it away !! little dash of hickory liquid smoke and there shouldn't be any left...:thumb:

Last edited:
I was cooking a small batch tonight, maybe 2#. Added 3 qts of water, 1/2 C salt, and about 5-6 TBSP combined Tony's & Slap Ya Mama. Just enough burn to tingle the lips, but not too hot.

Back
Top Bottom