• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a farm to hunt hogs

Corbin3388

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
51   0
Reaction score
Years past we usually head down to Americus Ga. to hunt the peanut farms. Looking for something similar. Anyone know of a farmer that could use some help and a little extra cash

Looking myself, a lot of the Hog hunters have properties on lock down. Kind of hush/hush and invites are rare. Best bet would be to find a club with hogs on the property. Good luck I hope you get on some.

Years past we usually head down to Americus Ga. to hunt the peanut farms. Looking for something similar. Anyone know of a farmer that could use some help and a little extra cash

A part of me just hates to see threads like this. It like the pest control man paying to come over to your house to kill roaches. Just doesn’t make any sense.
Pigs are a pest and are to be eradicated if possible. I’m a farmer and can’t think of a single farmer that would charge someone to kill pigs.
If I had pigs on our property I would be begging someone to come shoot them.

The trend seems to be the farmers would rather deal with the hogs than the hunters.

I’m not a deer hunter but I would love to have the opportunity to hunt hogs on private land in the off season to fill the freezer. Precious few landowners will go for it though.

It’s like nobody has heard of release forms.

If a gym or a health club can be free from getting sued by people who hurt themselves from using their facilities, you would think it would be the same for a landowner.

But nonetheless you are probably correct. My dad as a landowner is constantly trying to mitigate any liability he may have by trespassers hurting themselves on his property. Madness.

I suppose if one where brazen and charismatic enough and would sign a release....

To encourage landowners to make their lands available to the public for recreational purposes, including hunting and fishing, Georgia law (OCGA 51-3-20 through 51-3-26) explicitly shields landowners from civil liability for injuries to persons who use their land for recreational purposes without charge unless the landowner willfully or maliciously fails to guard against or warn of a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity. Landowners will not be liable unless they violate this standard of care. Georgia Courts have interpreted this standard of care as the duty of slight care, which is lower than that of ordinary care.

Back
Top Bottom