• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a few hog hunters

If you can find it, try to get the field model of the Mossberg maverick 88. The placement of the slide release is just perfect, and you can use any regular Mossberg barrel if you want to make it shorter for home defense when you're not hunting with it. Another reason is chokes. If you get the home defense model, you're stuck with a fixed cylinder choke, but with the field model you can use any number of specialty chokes for everything from modified for rabbits and squirrels to a superfull turkey/coyote whacker. I would have one if there hadn't been such an insane deal on the Hatsan I got.

I am looking for a few hog hunters, to hunt on a high fence plantation out of Leesburg, GA next Saturday, the 18th. Here is the way I have been doing it. We take 5 to 6 people, surround a block of woods, all safe distance apart, and I come into the block from the opposite side pushing the hogs out. I don't care about keeping any hogs. The landowner wants them DRT. If you want to keep them, or clean them, or whatever, that's up to you, but they must be dead, if they leave the property. We are doing this in the day time, with shotguns and buckshot. You must wear Fluro orange from the waist up. The landowner will not allow dogs on his property, so that is why we do it like this.
I have been twice and killed 5 hogs the first time, and two the last time.
He told me at church yesterday that they are tearing up his corn and peanuts.

If you want to go, send me a private message with contact info. We will start hunting at 0600 until about lunch, unless it gets too hot sooner. There are several thousand acres we can drive hogs on. Not for the weary.

Danny

I'm game if you do it another weekend and it cools Down tad.

Back
Top Bottom