• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a new house and found this one but oh the selective photography. Wow! Damn train right out front

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score

You have to Google the address and hit street view then turn left. Looks less than 100'.​

8203 Sawmill Rd, Millwood, GA 31552​

47a2ce099200588bf3544b71340be6ccl-m325806437od-w1024_h768_x2.jpg

I've lived that close to train tracks before, you get used to it.
+1 to this. I lived right near very busy tracks for 7 years. When I first moved in it sounded like the train was coming through my living room. There were multiple crossings right at my area so many horn blasts. After a little while I honestly didn’t even notice it anymore.

When the Wife and I were looking the last time she found a place on 5 acres right outside the city limits. It turned out that the 5 acres stretched 100 feet deep from the highway so basically the entire lot was frontage, backing up to railroad tracks that an a coal train was passing on as we were laughing about it. Then we noticed on the other side of the tracks was an airport with a runway ending right before the tracks pointing directly at the house. It was like a trifecta of what no one wants in a house.

You have to Google the address and hit street view then turn left. Looks less than 100'.​

8203 Sawmill Rd, Millwood, GA 31552​

View attachment 5020943
Looking at the Google image of the track, it appeared to me that it is out of service. Followed out for a while both directions. Lots of growth and lack of maintenance, also looks like road crossings cover the track. Could be wrong, not a super clear image you know.

Zillow has interior pictures

Back
Top Bottom