Looking for a new house and found this one but oh the selective photography. Wow! Damn train right out front

I like it old houses and this looks great!!! Like it was said above -- that price is too low even if it is in the middle of nowhere.

Looking at the Google image of the track, it appeared to me that it is out of service. Followed out for a while both directions. Lots of growth and lack of maintenance, also looks like road crossings cover the track. Could be wrong, not a super clear image you know.
That track runs between Pearson and Waycross and is still active I believe. Waycross has a huge railyard there for CSX. I only know that because I turned down a job as a Program Manager there.

I really wonder if that price drop is some kind of insider deal. It started at 225 which seems a lot more realistic in this market, even with the train.

It does look like a great house though, and at that price you could afford major repairs.

I've lived that close to train tracks before, you get used to it.
Do you get used to the air horns from the train?

Funny, we put an offer on a house, a little light due to train track behind it next to river, with a crossway not far the house. Ended up the guy selling the house worked for the railroad. I still hear that train horn from that cross way at my new house a few miles away, couldn't imagine it being a couple hundred yards outside my bedroom.

Do you get used to the air horns from the train?

Funny, we put an offer on a house, a little light due to train track behind it next to river, with a crossway not far the house. Ended up the guy selling the house worked for the railroad. I still hear that train horn from that cross way at my new house a few miles away, couldn't imagine it being a couple hundred yards outside my bedroom.
I know you asked him, but for me, it was very frustrating when I first moved to my loft. They hit the horn 10 minutes before every trip to let the passengers know they’re about to leave. Then, it blows when they leave, then it blows when it comes back. Now, after 6 months living here, the only time it bothers me is when I’m on a Zoom call when I can’t just get up and move to a quieter area.

Back
Top Bottom