Looking for a new house and found this one but oh the selective photography. Wow! Damn train right out front

You have to Google the address and hit street view then turn left. Looks less than 100'.​

8203 Sawmill Rd, Millwood, GA 31552​

View attachment 5020943
My house property backs up to a little used old GA rail line in Jasper. It's a stretch of the line from Jasper to Ellijay with a very old unused second rail (used for trains to pull over and wait for an oncoming train, etc.). It's also downhill at least 25 ft. so what trains do come through don't make as much noise. And about the only trains that do come through are at most one per day loaded with chipped marble and granite and this section being so old the trains go slow. I'm actually glad I have it back there because I don't have to stare into somebody else's back porch at night. Plus! my kitty girl likes to laze in the window in spring and summer and watch them. She likes that.

My house property backs up to a little used old GA rail line in Jasper. It's a stretch of the line from Jasper to Ellijay with a very old unused second rail (used for trains to pull over and wait for an oncoming train, etc.). It's also downhill at least 25 ft. so what trains do come through don't make as much noise. And about the only trains that do come through are at most one per day loaded with chipped marble and granite and this section being so old the trains go slow. I'm actually glad I have it back there because I don't have to stare into somebody else's back porch at night. Plus! my kitty girl likes to laze in the window in spring and summer and watch them. She likes that.
there ain't been a train running on that track since Jesus was a baby.

The market for houses is crashing fast. The advertising doesn’t tell you that, but it is.

How fast a crash we talking about here? I’m not seeing anything here in my neighborhood,houses are going pending within a few days. I spoke to several different agents who said things are not moving within 12-24hrs like the summer craze, but are still going strong.

I’ve found a rental house down the road from us, and may be selling mine.

Back
Top Bottom