• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for a tac pistol course in north ga

Abbsnkan

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   1
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good tac course in north,northeast ga? Shooting out back ain't bad to teach the wife but want something more. Hard to swallow pay to shoot and won't use a range.i know sounds stupid but tried it and I taught her to shoot the way I was taught really dont need someone who is an expert at call of duty critiquing every little thing. Any info is helpful

Thee are some good guys down your way but for an added option If you don't mind a little travel I teach classes fulltime & am available to do a class any day of the week or weekend unless already having a different class.

I recently had some soldiers come through, one of which left a nice referral on my website,
www.protectivemeasures.com

I will also build a custom class around an individual or groups specific goals.

Last edited:
Sounds good but I'm thinking I formed the post wrong. Really don't need the training, I'm a ga pble cert. with 10 yrs and approx 250 advanced post hrs including swat level 1&2. What I should have said is I'm looking for a place to shoot where the have a tactical course of fire set up. But thanks for the info if I decide to brush up these look like some good options

Sounds good but I'm thinking I formed the post wrong. Really don't need the training, I'm a ga pble cert. with 10 yrs and approx 250 advanced post hrs including swat level 1&2. What I should have said is I'm looking for a place to shoot where the have a tactical course of fire set up. But thanks for the info if I decide to brush up these look like some good options

I would think that if an IPSA or IPSC pistol match was not to your liking then I would look up some old L.E. buddies or contact some local officers & see if they might hook you up.

Thee are some good guys down your way but for an added option If you don't mind a little travel I teach classes fulltime & am available to do a class any day of the week or weekend unless already having a different class.

I recently had some soldiers come through, one of which left a nice referral on my website,
www.protectivemeasures.com

I will also build a custom class around an individual or groups specific goals.

Agree with expanding your geographical circle and Protective Measures is SOLID and far beyond a great value.

According to some of my students & contacts their curriculum is very similar to mine w/ a heavy emphasis on close-up fighting w/ a pistol.

From what I've read on their forum I have to say I've been impressed that pretty much everything has been tactically sound & as safe as can be expected when conducting these kinds of drills.... which is more than I can say for a lot of other places.
I'm not referring to anyone specifically on here but there are some "pop-up" guys out here now teaching watered down stuff that are either going to get people hurt or give them a false sense of competence that hopefully won't ever be tested.

Back
Top Bottom