• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for Accurate powder

Cbae123

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
102   1
Reaction score
I have been looking for Accurate pistol powder, mainly Accurate5 and Accurate2 powders. Everyone seems to be out of it. Does anyone have any or seen any at a LGS if so please let me know. I am reloading .40 180gr plated and my Lee reloading book only has reloading data for those 2 powders only. If you guys have other suggestions on other powders chime in. Thanks

Go on Hodgdon's data site, they show about 15 different powders for Berry's 180 grains. Recently been finding Longshot, autocomp and CFE which are all on the list. A5 and A2 seem to be pretty hard to find. Seen it at gun show but with gun show prices

You have to check weekly. About every other time I go there they have something. The only places that have pistol powder all the time are the ones selling it for 40+ a lb. Even then you don't always have your choice of what powder you get.

I went through ever manufacturer and put in my phone every powder that worked for my bullets. Then it's easy to check when you are at a store.

Either that or you watch the online guys and order an 8# jug when they get it in. Sucks but it's part of the game now.

Seems to be getting better but slowly. I really needed some true blue and ended up paying almost $35/# at a funshow just to have some.

YEA MIGHT HAVE TO GO TO A FUN SHOW FOR TRUE BLUE, IT IS HARD TO FIND AND THAT IS THE ONLY POWDER THAT WORKS WELL WITH THE 5.7 CARTRIDGE. ALSO I NOT PAYING $250 AFTER HAZ AND SHIPPING FOR 8 POUNDS THAT MAKES RELOADING THE SAME AS BUYING NEW AMMO ALREADY LOADED. THANKS FOR THE INFO.

I have been on the lookout for Accurate #5 now for over a year, I am finally out of my 8 pound jug and have moved to unique.
Not nearly as good nor as clean as Accurate but works Ok in 45 acp and 9 MM.
I need the acc #5 for the 38 Super and 10 MM.
I refuse to pay 35=37 bucks a pound for powder and locally its at least 30 bucks and not much of it.
eventually the online dealers will have it in stock for 20-22 bucks a pound.

Just about any pistol/shot gun powder will work for the Plated 180.

I have used RedDot, TiteGroup, Auto Comp, 5, 7, Bullseye, universal, HS-6 , unique, and 231. They all work.

Red Dot, TiteGroup, 231, and Bullseye are best used for light to medium loads; the others all work for medium to heavy loads, but can be used for light loads as well.

AutoComp has a heavier recoil associated with it.

My personal favorites in the forty are Unique, Universal, and #5.

Back
Top Bottom