• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for good transmission shop near Dahlonega/Dawsonville

whitmo

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good transmission shop near Dahlonega/Dawsonville area?

I have a 2004 F150 4x4 auto that seems to be stuck in 3rd gear.
Just bought it two months ago, and it came with an extended powertrain warranty (which I hope will cover the repair)

Thanks

Is there a chance it's the transmission control module (TCU)? I haven't googled to check but I had one go bad on a Honda once and it was super easy to change out.

The warranty company warned against taking it to Ford. Because of the high cost, they said there could be fees passed along to me above the deductible.

If it's covered by the warranty, I'd take it to the dealer if there's one near you.
Agree with the suggestion if the dealership will honor your extended warranty. I know the best in the business, but his shop is in Blue Ridge..He has been a close Brother for 40 years, He is honest and will not cut corners..It's either his way or he does not do the Trans is he the most economical? No but I would not consider anyone other than him..I know your not close but if you need his contact information PM me..Others on here, have gone to him with the news that other shop quoted them, a price to rebuild the trans. Two from here went to Joe and found out that they did not need a rebuild, just solenoids or shiftier bushings..

Back
Top Bottom