• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for HOG HUNTING HELP without dogs!

armistead1979

Default rank <2500 posts
Mr. Armistead
100   0
Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

I'm getting into Hog Hunting in North Georgia (Slightly South of Blue Ridge around Ellijay) now that deer season is over. I'm a member at a hunting club and there are signs and tracks of hogs there. What are some of the best field proven ways to bring them out during daylight??? I have used Tinks - Sow In Heat and had no luck yet. I have made sure that I'm scent free and use Racoon cover scent just in case. I'm also using a Box stand about 8 feet off the ground and the stand has been there for 3 years now. Any ideas???????????????

Thanks for the help in advance!

Throw some corn or peanuts out. They love the stuff. They will still be most active before sun up and sun down. I have heard jello powder works as well. I would just start by throwing some food out every day or 2 at the same time. They will find it and keep coming back for the easy meal.

Throw some corn or peanuts out. They love the stuff. They will still be most active before sun up and sun down. I have heard jello powder works as well. I would just start by throwing some food out every day or 2 at the same time. They will find it and keep coming back for the easy meal.

wouldn't that be hunting over a baited food plot?lol

No magical potion .Just have to be there when they are . Even if you can see in the dark you still have to be there when they are . Put some bait out ,and hang with it .

Hey can you give me location? I am interested in starting to hunt and I need locations to even start!

Thanks for all the info so far! I have heard the hole in the ground with corn before. Wasn't sure if that would work but I will give it a shot. I'm also trying to get a night vision scope for night hunting. I asked a game warden and was told it is legal to hunt on bait as long it is not deer/bear season.

Back
Top Bottom