• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for lee hand press and decapping die

ddennis

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm sure this will get moved..but I figured I'd get more of a response here than in the "looking for' forum. Anyone in Buford,lawrenceville,cumming,winder,athens or alpharetta areas have a lee hand press and decapping die they want to part with. I can get one off amazon for $45 with free shipping, but was hoping to save a few $ on it.. Figured this and a tumbler / vibrator would be a good first step for reloading. I have a lot of brass to deprime and clean!

Thanks

But you would still need a way to seat the bullet, and if you are doing pistol cases a flare die. The best bet is to go ahead and get the bench mounted press IMO. It goes without saying you will also need a way to trim, especially rifle cases. I have a press on my bench that does nothing but decap cases. It is your money but I would go ahead and spend the extra 20 and get something you will like better. I would also get a manual or two and start reading and for sure go view someone's setup nad see the process in action.

Agreed..there are lots of additional things I know I'd need. Just looking to get into reloading "Johnny Cash" style...one piece at a time. LOL! I figured I could deprime and clean my brass first, then move on up to the actual loading. But you may have a point on getting a bench mounted press....the single stage actually cheaper than the hand press.

No real sense in doing it one piece at a time when a kit can be bought for a little over $100. the Lee hand press is a good unit that will allow you to deprime while watching TV etc and is a handy addition to a loading setup. Yes you CAN do other functions with it but a lee Anniversary kit is such a deal that it is a route I would urge those wanting to start to explore handloading . I still use the kit my wife bought me several decades ago and it loads some darn fine ammo. A tumbler you can do without for a while. Just wash the cases with dish detergent and shake em around in a milk jug, spread em on a baking sheet and dry em in the oven on the lowest setting for a couple of hours.

http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-50th-Anniversary-Reloading/dp/B00162RM3E
The only thing you need beside this kit and a manual ( modern reloading by Richard Lee is a good one) is a case length gauge and dies as well as consumables for each caliber you want to load.

Back
Top Bottom