Looking for motorcycle advice

first off take the MSF class/course before you even consider what bike to buy or getting one. If you pass the class you get your license (first hurdle). if you don't pass, find another hobby. :)

after you have taken the class and passed and have gotten your license, decide what you want to do with a bike. who will you be riding with? what do they ride? solo or two up? interstates or back roads? twisty roads or straight roads? dirt roads? off road? all things to be taken into consideration for finding the "right " bike. they are all fun but different bikes are better for different reasons. maybe that's why I've had 10-15 of them the past few years, just always looking for the right bike. lol.

if you want a sport bike, don't buy anything over 600cc and go to the track to learn how to ride one properly. My wife rode dirt for a few years, did the MSF class, rode my 650 Hawk for a while then got a Triumph STreet Triple R. She only rode on the street a couple of times but did track days with me and had a blast. The track is the only real place to have fun on a sport bike IMHO. I have a CBR1000rr that I ride on the street occasionally but it's stupid fun on the track.

I prefer dual sport/off road stuff these days, no traffic, no cars to hit you (most of the time), etc etc. but still fun to go twist the throttle.

the 650 v twin bikes are a great place to start. The older Honda Hawk (NT650 1988-1991), SV's, ninja 650, Versys, etc. All great do everything bikes..

Look thru the posts before this and there is some good advice. heed it. :)

I sold my last bike (Tiger 800 XC) last week and I'm going into withdrawals already. By far the best bike I have owned out of 30+. For me it was the perfect mix of what a bike should offer. I'm going to miss her.

dirtysouth.smugmug.com_Other_Tiger_800_XC_i_F6C5xDz_1_M_Tiger_20800_20XC_20002_M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom