• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for motorcycle advice

Sv650, kawi650, fz6 something like that plengiful and cheap. Easier. Bikes to learn on than full blown sports bikes but still plenty fast and nimble to be fun

They are a lot of fun,handle well and are FAST.

Well dammit. I'll check them out. I'm just hoping I can control my urge to continually push the limits of what is safe and sane. Honestly that is what has kept me from buying a bike sooner...an uncontrollable urge to push the limits.

My two cents, don't get the bike you really want right off. If you haven't got any experience on street bikes, find a cheap, used bike around 500-650cc's and learn to ride on it. Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider's course; as a plus, when you pass it, it counts as your road and written test for a class M license in Georgia! Then, when you're comfortable with your skills, sell the beater and get the bike you really want. It'll also give you time to test ride other bikes and see what you like.

Just be careful! Most folk's first bike wreck happens shortly after they've been riding enough to get confident... they get over confident and push it. Happened to me when I was 20. Also keep in mind that experience with dirt bikes doesn't really translate that well to street bikes.

No interstate, passengers, or night time riding. Might as well get the endorsement and have no limitations. Good starter bike would be a Suzuki SV650, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Honda CBR500R, or a Yamaha FZ6R.

6 months learning.Then go for test.It ain't for everybody.

My two cents, don't get the bike you really want right off. If you haven't got any experience on street bikes, find a cheap, used bike around 500-650cc's and learn to ride on it. Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider's course; as a plus, when you pass it, it counts as your road and written test for a class M license in Georgia! Then, when you're comfortable with your skills, sell the beater and get the bike you really want. It'll also give you time to test ride other bikes and see what you like.

Just be careful! Most folk's first bike wreck happens shortly after they've been riding enough to get confident... they get over confident and push it. Happened to me when I was 20. Also keep in mind that experience with dirt bikes doesn't really translate that well to street bikes.

Very good advice.2 kinds of riders,those that have been down and those that are going down.Street is a new experience for sure.

Back
Top Bottom