Votes: 4 7.8%
  • XDs

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Tacos

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Are you wanting to shoot it a lot, or familiarize yourself with it and fire enough so it is broken in?

If the latter, I would chose a Kahr CM9. Great trigger, full power 9mm, as light as anything comparable, no safety, and it just works. They are not fun guns to shoot, though.

I have had to use mine twice , and only had it because I could drop it in a pocket. If it were a belt carry gun, would not have had a gun.
I want to shoot it enough to be comfortable with it and have it as a carry. Not planning on it seeing a huge amount of range time after break in. A mag or two every trip just to ensure continued operation.

I will have to handle one of these next time I am at the gun shop. That is a nice capacity without gaining much bulk.
They have them at Bullseye in Lawrenceville. I believe the prices are exactly the same.
499 G43 or P320SC standard sights
549 G43 or P320SC factory night sights

Kahr CM9 or PM9 should be on your list. The Ruger has a similar trigger to the Kahr-- long and smooth, with no clear indication that it's about to break. I shoot both very, very well for such a tiny platform. As I frequently demonstrate by clearing tables at bowling pin shoots, in under 5 seconds.

However, those are pocket guns. The XDs 4.0 is still tiny, and has the grip safety which offers some protection when reholstering, and the 8-round mags will give you a full grip with a minuscule reduction in concealment, plus obviously the longer barrel reduces recoil while having an enhanced sight radius. But... the triggers blow on the XDs-s. Even with the Powder River kit, they still blow (in my opinion).

If you can get your hands on one, I'd suggest at least shooting a Bersa BP9cc. It's pretty much what a lot of us wanted the single-stack G19 to be.

It's not pocket-sized by any means, but it's 8+1 capacity, very pleasant to shoot and easily controlled. Mine does better with hot ammo and shoots like a laser with 124gr and up.

The specs on paper aren't radically smaller than a G19, but it feels and carries a lot smaller that it looks like it would.

I'm sure the same could be said for many of the others on your list (PPS in particular), but the open secret is that the Bersa may have the best trigger out of all of the above.

The BP9cc is .94" wide. Only downside is price of magazines.

Back
Top Bottom