• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for opinions on tractors

I'm a Mahindra Dealer in Athens, Ga. My dealerships name is A & H Sales and Service. We're the number 1 tractor in the world and I'm the number one dealer in Ga. and SC. Please come on out and look at them, you want be disappointed. Don't forget to mention your an ODT member.

I'm a Mahindra Dealer in Athens, Ga. My dealerships name is A & H Sales and Service. We're the number 1 tractor in the world and I'm the number one dealer in Ga. and SC. Please come on out and look at them, you want be disappointed. Don't forget to mention your an ODT member.

I will be calling soon

I am thinking that I will be in the market in the next 3-6 mos for a 50-55 HP tractor
4WD
Front bucket
Maybe cab

What else should I look for?

Thinking if new go through a dealer , 0 % financing

Used - cash

Experience? Opinions?

Deals?
There is no such thing as 0% financing, the interest is simply disguised and embedded in or added to, the principal.

Understood you pay one way or another however many manufacturers offer subsidized rates in order to not lower selling prices.
Same as BMW , Mercedes etc with subsidized lease rates,
If i can pay cash and come out better than deploying cash elsewhere (return versus opportunity lost) I will pay cash.

On any product especially tractors, where are they produced, where is their warehouse/s located, and no matter who you buy a new tractor from, look at their inventory, not just tractors, accessories, service area, the personnel, if it is a new dealer everything looks great, look all around, ask to talk to the techs, they work on these pieces of equipment.

Heck, if you see a tractor you are interested in working somewhere, stop by the field, pasture, or even someone putting in the crops, food plots. These guys can really tell you the story and there experiences or night mares. Besides they have already committed their money in the equipment. Do your research you are making a long time investment in.

We have a 65 h.p., unit which is none of the above, so we have no favorites, however we have been to the KUBOTA FACTORIES IN GAINESVILLE, GA., that will be very heavy consideration in my next purchase of a 25-45 h.p., for getting into smaller areas for putting in food plots, sod placement, home gardens, etc.

If you buy consider a cab, get it with a/c, htg.,some even come with 2-way radio for talking to others involved in the work crew, sure does help keep production running smoothly. Make sure the tractor you purchase has the hydraulics to attach, or de-attach your equipment. Buy plenty hitch pins you will need them, usually 3-5 for a $1.00.

Most tractors have a main air filter and a secondary air filter, oil filter, hydraulic filter, and hydraulic oil, different from engine oil. Be sure and have these on hand you will need them. Each time you trailer your tractor take these items with you, you just may need them, and have some wrenches, a heavy duty farm jack with you also. Buy 9200# ratcheting binders to chain down your tractor, we use the 4-point connection with DOT approved chains (they are not cheap) they will save you if a chain breaks.
Do not just throw just one chain over the tractor floor board, that is just an accident awaiting to happen.
Put a chain binder and chain at each corner of the tractor to the trailer.

You would surprised at how many guys we have seen just put a tractor on a trailer with no chains attached to them going up and down the expressways. A accident waiting to happen.

Just additional things to consider, be sure you add your tractor to your home owners policy.

There are several many other items to consider before you buy any tractor. Several items to buy when you do purchase your tractor, before you load your new tractor also.

Oh make sure you have "THE HOSSESS" to pull your tractor or you will wish you had them.

good luck in your tractor buying quest...

Back
Top Bottom