• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for some Bucket Seats

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
My 67 Ford came with a bench seat and no headrests. I really want some headrests just in case I'm ever rear-ended. Where's a good place to shop for aftermarket bucket seats? I'd like to find a place locally so I can get a feel for them. I'm not trying to keep this factory looking so I'm wide open. Mainly looking for something I could drive several hours and be comfortable with the addition of headrests. I'm not too restricted on mounting options as I'm getting new pans put in the car. Thanks...

My 67 Ford came with a bench seat and no headrests. I really want some headrests just in case I'm ever rear-ended. Where's a good place to shop for aftermarket bucket seats? I'd like to find a place locally so I can get a feel for them. I'm not trying to keep this factory looking so I'm wide open. Mainly looking for something I could drive several hours and be comfortable with the addition of headrests. I'm not too restricted on mounting options as I'm getting new pans put in the car. Thanks...

You might try some junk yards as some pull out good seats and warehouse them. When I rebuilt a totaled 1988 Toyota pickup, I found an almost new set of 92 Ford Ranger seats and installed them in the Toyota. Put the almost new Toyota bench into an older Toyota that had worn out the bench.

I have a set of black ones from a 1966 barracuda. they are in good shape but not as comfortable as new ones,but they have the look.

What model of Ford is it? That makes a big difference. Some buckets will have taller mounting points tan others. When I worked at an auto salvage in Bonaire I saved a nice pair of high back buckets from a first gen Miata. But the rails under them were really short. They were damn near on the floor on the Miata they came out of.
Also make sure your bucket seats are coming from another 2 door if you're using them in a 2 door. Sedan seats won't fold forward and you'll catch hell getting back seat access. If you have a local auto salvage that will still let you walk around and look then that's a fun day of hunting. Otherwise I'd suggest riding on over to Summit Racing in McDonough and get some nice new ones.

Well aside from not looking right you're gonna have to run power to them. I mean if you got a deal on them I can understand that. But what model of Ford is it?
You mean a honda seat won't look factory in a 67 Ranchero??? Lol duh bro. I'm going for comfort. And I'm aware of the wiring....

And it won't look any less "right" than a set of Procar seats. There's no honda markings on them. Just comfy all leather heated seats.

You mean a honda seat won't look factory in a 67 Ranchero??? Lol duh bro. I'm going for comfort. And I'm aware of the wiring....
No I wasn't sayin they won't work. Anything will work if you are willing t cut,drill,weld etc. If it's going into a Ranchero then it could be seats from a sedan too. I person6think I would've went with like a Crown Vic split bench or a Crown Vic patrol car seat setup. But whatever. Of course we will need pics

And it won't look any less "right" than a set of Procar seats. There's no honda markings on them. Just comfy all leather heated seats.
Again, we will need to see pics of it once it's done. Glad you found something that works. I have pulled tons of seats in my time. Most of the time it was nice seats I was saving from something going to the crusher. And then I would wind up giving them away when they sat around too long.

Back
Top Bottom