• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Losing a potential buyer/trader

I know we have talked about this before......but there are very few if none other than our postal worker members who know all of the ZIP CODES!! Please, if you have a ZIP CODE as your location in your personal profile.......think about changing it to the town or city you live in.

I don't know if you live 10 miles away or 100 miles. I had a pm last night from some noob that had "United States" has his location...I just deleted his pm with NO response. If I am actively looking and I see your post with interest and I don't know where you llive...I'm moving on to the next one!

Unless your in witness protection or something, update your profile and LOSE the zip code!! Please!!

I agree. I'm not trying to make it any more work than it has to be. Just list the city you live in, how hard is that. If it's not a zipcode I recognize, then I'll just assume you're too far away for me to car about driving.

Are you one of those......Where is Rome, where is Waynesboro, where is Milledgeville?

I personally thin that if anyone is too lazy/stupid to look up a zip code, then why would I want to deal with them anyhow?

Viva La Revolution
Snake Dr.

I agree. I'm not trying to make it any more work than it has to be. Just list the city you live in, how hard is that. If it's not a zipcode I recognize, then I'll just assume you're too far away for me to car about driving.

After much back and forth on the zip code thing, I think it comes down to approximation. Having a general idea of where you are is helpful in determining whether or not a trade/purchase is worth the drive. In your example, if you have Athens listed and I live in Snellville, I can decide whether or not its worth the trip. Just because you are near UGA and not on the Snellville side of Athens would not make a difference at that point. All 6 zip codes listed above are approximately in the same area.

untrue. 30606 extends all the way into oconee county and up towards hwy 316. 30605 zip code goes out almost to oglethorpe county down hwy 78. that's a 20 minutes drive difference and upwards of 25 miles depending on how you drive. they are not in the same area at all as you think. if i was to buy a rifle from you and you lived in loganville, i lived in chestnut hill 30606 it's about 40 minutes from you. on the other hand if i lived on flatrock rd 30605 it'd be and added 25 minutes. i don't need to work for UPS to know the difference between 40 minutes and 65 minutes drive. btw i do work for UPS

Back
Top Bottom