• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost to time... yummies

JoKeR50

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
9   0
Reaction score
There was a post in another forum about pineapple upside down cake and in it I was thinking of my favorite cakes of all time and I thought of the Coconut cake from Rich's which was always so good. Well since I am on a diet (bulking up but if you are over 50 you know that gaining muscle at this age also brings with it some fat!) I started thinking about foods/treats I missed.

Rich's Coconut cake
Rich's fruit bar cookies (by far the best non-chocolate chip cooking ever made)
Carnation breakfast bars (god I miss you...)

Ok so what are your top 3 missed foods that you just can't get anymore?

Last edited:
German chocolate cake, peanut butter cookies, and Dairy Queen blizzard Hawaiian . Awful to be a diabetic and trying loose weight to.

th.jpg
The greatest cookie that is no longer with us...Yum-Yums.

Budwine cherry soda (once bottled in Athens), Marathon candy bars, and believe or not Army chow hall S.O.S. Haven't found a DIY recipe that comes close. :(
It's funny I made SOS a month ago and the family was looking at me funny. But they tore it up. My Dad growing up used to cook it all the time, I guess being in the rangers got him hooked on it.

My grandma cooked banana pudding has never been replicated. It was better the day after she cooked it.
I was gonna say the same thing about my grandmother. Lol, she used to make buttermilk biscuits twice a day too, my wife knows how to make em' but it's rare for her to feel up to cooking a bunch of stuff. I miss my wife's buttermilk pancakes & buttermilk cornbread too.

Back
Top Bottom