• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost to time... yummies

My favorite drink of all time.
1088778337_685939a471.jpg
Wow were did you get that,haven't seen that n a long time

There was a post in another forum about pineapple upside down cake and in it I was thinking of my favorite cakes of all time and I thought of the Coconut cake from Rich's which was always so good. Well since I am on a diet (bulking up but if you are over 50 you know that gaining muscle at this age also brings with it some fat!) I started thinking about foods/treats I missed.

Rich's Coconut cake
Rich's fruit bar cookies (by far the best non-chocolate chip cooking ever made)
Carnation breakfast bars (god I miss you...)

Ok so what are your top 3 missed foods that you just can't get anymore?

I agree with the coconut cake and the fruit bars. Below is the coconut cake recipe. My mother-in-law made it for me and it was just like I remembered.

http://www.examiner.com/article/remembering-old-atlanta-rich-s-department-store-bakery-cake-recipes

There was a post in another forum about pineapple upside down cake and in it I was thinking of my favorite cakes of all time and I thought of the Coconut cake from Rich's which was always so good. Well since I am on a diet (bulking up but if you are over 50 you know that gaining muscle at this age also brings with it some fat!) I started thinking about foods/treats I missed.

Rich's Coconut cake
Rich's fruit bar cookies (by far the best non-chocolate chip cooking ever made)
Carnation breakfast bars (god I miss you...)

Ok so what are your top 3 missed foods that you just can't get anymore?

Those Rich's coconut cakes were divine !

My aunt use to get those and bring them down on her visits at Christmas :hungry:

41sKi64EQRL.jpg

After a fish fry us grandkids would be tasked to pick the leftover fish free of bones and my grandmother would make a delicious chowder. She also made strawberry saltine cracker cake. My sister has the recipe and I keep forgetting to ask her for it.

Most of stuff that I really loved to eat over the years my grandmothers pecan pie, moms coconut cake the icing called for karo syrup and she used honey instead. I can still taste it and she went home to The Lord 15 years ago. With type two diabetes my dr says I can think about it but eat healthy instead. One of my favorite meals fresh cream corn fried okra crackling cornbread and sliced tomatoe. I can have tomatoes and okra boiled but leave off the rest.

Back
Top Bottom